Complaint Review: Bass Pro Shops

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: David — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Cancelled order without notifying and deactivated gift card causing embarrassment Internet

I placed an order online with Bass Pro. I chose the six pay option and received an email with an order number and a confirmation number. The order total was about $600 and I received a free $20 gift card with the order. The gift card was mailed to me and I gave it to my son in law as a gift. My order showed in process for about two weeks but i received emails about shipping the gift card and tracking info. After two weeks of order showing in process I called Bass Pro to find out what was going on. I was told it was cancelled because they tried to call me once and verify my info and didn't reach me. Never notifying me that this had occured and showing in process online and having communicated through email as to the gift card shipping and tracking. My son in law went to use the card and they had removed the $20 from it causing him and me both embarassment.

I called customer service to expain my frustration with the company and to get answer as to why they would just cancel a confirmed order. They never appoogized and simply said we called once and you didnt return call so we cancelled the order. Now all other communication was through email. They shipped the gift card to the address they needed verified. And on their website under my orders it showed in process, not cancelled or in need of verification. I cant believe how poorly their customer service handled this call. They did not care that they caused me and my son in law embarassment only that they had called once, which I did not receive a voicemail to even confirm they did or not. Regardless if they did, I did not phone this order in I placed it over the net. All other communication was through email. Bass Pro has lost this $600 order and the thousands on future orders. They seemed very unconcerned with my disappoinment and the loss of my business and offered no appology. That is the reason I am filing this report. If my business and satisfaction are of no concern to them perahaps my voicing of their lack of business ethics and concern for their customers will be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bass-Pro-Shops/internet/Bass-Pro-Shops-Cancelled-order-without-notifying-and-deactivated-gift-card-causing-embarr-971467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bass Pro Shops