Complaint Review: Bath Kitchen Decor

• Reported By: campronyc — Bayside New York United States of America
Bath Kitchen Decor
185-12 Union Turnpike InternetFresh Meadows, New York United States of America

Bath Kitchen Decor David Tropper SCAM EMPLOYER! BEWARE Fresh Meadows, New York

I replied to an ad on Craigslist for a customer service position around round December 20, 2012. They said they were expanding and needed Customer Service Reps. to handle calls and assist customers with their orders, issues and anything related to their accounts. I have over 15 years of customer service management experience and thought this would be a great fit. Bath Kitchen Decor also RMR Funding Management hired me initially full time 40 hours at only $400 a week. $10/hr. David Tropper one of the partners who hired me said after 30 days I would get an increase in salary.  That never happened. For the first 5 days I jumped in and started answering phone calls. I had access to the order system they used to look up customer orders but wasn't able to provide any additional info.

100% of the calls I received were about shipping status. Where is my order? Bath Kitchen Decor never had a physical warehouse. They drop shipped everything form the manufacturer, vendors, and distributors. Customers received orders late or never received them at all or even came damaged.  The customer complaints online were consistent with the calls and complaints I was getting. It was a huge headache dealing with the same issues over and over.

I was communicating with the other owner Larry Krayzman via Google chat every single phone call to get information about customer shipping status, order info and handling complaints all went through Larry.  Larry would say the orders were shipped and would not provide tracking numbers to customers. Some customers did get tracking numbers but order wasn't trackable because order was never shipped when he said it would be. Customers got even more irate.  Orders were not shipped out on time.

I tried making suggestions to Larry to help better improve the customer service. He didn't want to hear about what I had to say. He told me to get off the phones and not handle them any more. I called David (My Boss) to inform him and showed him a google chat conversation I had with Larry and I was 100% right about wanting to help improve things. In a nutshell, I was taken off the phones and Larry said to David he wanted to fire me.  Larry has an F rating with the BBB.

David didn't fire me as he said I didn't do anything wrong and he felt bad about what happened.  Larry is an emotional dysfunctional train wreck and thinks he knows how to run his company the right way. He cut me down to part time. Only 20 and paid me only $200 a week. I was bouncing back and forth doing remedial tasks for David just to fill the time in. He had me come in for 4 hours a day and enter orders into Quickbooks.

I was supposed to get paid once a week. Monday or Tuesday. I had to constantly remind him to pay me. It was a hassle for him. He was always busy and never had time to go to the bank which was right across the street.  He paid me off the books.

Leading up to my last week and day which was Feb. 7, 2012 I was supposed to get paid Monday two weeks ago but he procrastinated and finally paid me for last week as well. I had bills to take care of and they were not paid on time. He is unethical, dishonest and not responsible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bath-Kitchen-Decor/InternetFresh-Meadows-New-York-11366/Bath-Kitchen-Decor-David-Tropper-SCAM-EMPLOYER-BEWARE-Fresh-Meadows-New-York-1010957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bath Kitchen Decor