Complaint Review: Battdepot

• Updated: Sun, June 24, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Internet United States of America
Battdepot

Battdepot Did not honor warranty on adapter Internet

I ordered a laptop computer adapter/charger from this company, which stated that the adapter was under warranty for a year. After a mere 3-4 months,the adapter stopped working properly, and it was clear why: wires had begun to poke through the plastic coating near the tip. As a result, the adapter only charged sporadically at best and usually not at all.

I wrote to the company about getting a functioning adapter, as the warranty was still in effect. After first getting the run-around by being told that they had already given me a refund on the product (which they had not), they told me to ship the product at my expense to them so that they could test it. I did so, waited three weeks, and heard absolutely nothing from them.

When I wrote to inquire, they told me they had tested my battery and that it was fine. Seeing as I had not sent them a battery but an adapter, it was obvious that they were not taking my complaint in the least bit seriously. They then responded by
saying that they had tested the adapter, it was fine, and they would send it back to me. Clearly the adapter is not fine. Anyone looking at the wires sticking out of it, or anyone who attempts to fully charge their laptop with it, can see that. If these people will not stand by their warranty, they should not pretend to offer one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2012 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Battdepot/internet/Battdepot-Did-not-honor-warranty-on-adapter-Internet-902257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Battdepot