Complaint Review: Bay Area Credit Service - Collections

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:Wyoming Michigan
Bay Area Credit Service - Collections
901 W. 10th Street Antioch, California U.S.A.

Bay Area Credit Services - Collections Ambulance bill - 3/day automatied harrassing calls THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU; DON'T BOTHER Antioch California

*Consumer Comment: What was the name of the ambulance service?

I found a situation similar to mine on this site. But in my case, unfortunately I WAS shoved inito an ambulance a little over a yr. ago. Though I begged for no ambulance (no insurance or $) & insisted I didn't need one, the business owner insisted (was afraid of being sued). I never should've gotten in.

The ambulace drove me 8 blocks; no siren, and charged $640.The hospital charged $3,203.16 for services not needed. The hospital sent unneeded x-rays to an off-site x-ray technician - another $604 charge.

Both the hospital & x-ray techncian worked with me on the bills - both with payments & a lesser amount due. But the ambulance sent the bill straight to BACS collections after the first time I contacted them to work out payment.

After much hassle to even get to a person via phone (the # once rang 36 times; no answering machine, and they answer with "hello?" You have to ask them who you're calling to be sure), I tried to work out a payment plan with them. They not only refused, but they told me they were charging 24% interest! What the hay is THAT about?! They've been calling relentlessly ever since. I screen all calls and am contemplating switching to an ulisted number, though I've had the same one for 18 yrs. I almost look forward to them taking me to court for the debt, if they're even ligit. enough to do so. I figure a judge can get them to finally work with me fairly.

Meanwhile, I think BACS is a rip-off company because they seem more like an illegal 'loan shark' than a ligitimate company.

Shel Lynn
Wyoming, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Area-Credit-Service-Collections/Antioch-California-94509/Bay-Area-Credit-Services-Collections-Ambulance-bill-3day-automatied-harrassing-calls-396397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Area Credit Service - Collections

What was the name of the ambulance service?

AUTHOR: Keith R. - (U.S.A.)

Shel Lynn,

I am having a similar situation with Bay Area Credit Services and was wondering if you could help me out with a little information if you don't mind. My Ripoff Report complaint number is 429156. Please read it if you have the time. I was interested if American Medical Response was the ambulance service that transported you to the hospital the day of your accident? What I am trying to see if there is a pattern between Bay Area Credit Services and American Medical Response. Besides yours and mine, there are three other complaints registered against Bay Area Credit Services that have an ambulance service involved. I am trying to find out if there is a pattern of ripping people off between these two companies. I am seriously considering suing Bay Area Credit Services (and American Medical Response if they are involved) in Small Claims Court, if I can prove illegal collection practices. I just can't let these people get away with extortion, harassment and their threats. I hope you can help me.

Thanks, Keith r., Fletcher, NC