• Report: #592072

• Submitted: Sun, April 11, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, April 11, 2010

• Reported By: Housewife in Alaska — Fairbanks Alaska United States of America
Bay Area Credit Service
1000 Abernathy Rd, Bldg 400, Suite 165 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Bay Area Credit Service Can't speek English Atlanta, Georgia

My brother-in-law who has been deceased for a year now would often give our phone number as a referance if he went into a hospital.  I got several calls shortly after his death regarding collection agencys in the Washington & Idaho areas and they needed a copy of the death certificate.  Well, this call was from Atlanta, GA a year later and the guy could hardly speek english and barley understand me so it raised a lot of flags.

I searched on the internet for the address and didn't come up with the business.  Then I searched for the company name and came across a web site that said Bay Area Credit Services but the address & phone number were wrong.  That search also showed this ripoff site so when I read the statement which matched and it had the address I was given I knew they were a fake.

My big question is if a death certificate were sent to them what would they do with it?  I hope this is helpful to someone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2010 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Area-Credit-Service/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/Bay-Area-Credit-Service-Cant-speek-English-Atlanta-Georgia-592072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Area Credit Service