Complaint Review: Bay Area Spa Repair

• Updated: Tue, March 22, 2011

• Reported By: scubed — Forestville California United States of America
Bay Area Spa Repair
Kentucky St Petaluma, California United States of America

Bay Area Spa Repair gave me an invoice for a new spa motor replacement -parts & labor- installed a used motor Petaluma, California

I called Rick from Bay Area Spa Service & Repair, who had been referred to me by a local pool and spa service, to come out and fix the heater in my spa. We arranged a time that was convenient for him to come out and assess the problem. He made a point of telling me that I did not have to be home. When I called him, he told me my motor was frozen and he'd have to replace it. He sent his son out to install the "new"motor.

When his son gave me an invoice for $480 demanding a check I asked him if my heater was now working and he said "no". When I spoke to Rick on the phone he agreed to come out the following morning and "get it all taken care of". A couple of hours later he called and told me he would not be able to work on my spa.  After I had hung up I was wondering why he had made no mention of the $480 he had previously demanded for the new motor. The following morning a reputable spa serviceman looked at my motor and told me that what I had been told was a new motor, clearly was not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2011 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Area-Spa-Repair/Petaluma-California-/Bay-Area-Spa-Repair-gave-me-an-invoice-for-a-new-spa-motor-replacement-parts-labor-in-709109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Area Spa Repair