Complaint Review: Bay Ridge Nissan

• Reported By: Fai — Brooklyn New York
Bay Ridge Nissan
6501 5th Ave, Brooklyn, New York USA

Bay Ridge Nissan Deceptive diagnostic to rack up phony repair Brooklyn New York

On 10/24/2013 I brought my 2012 Nissan Quest to Bay Ridge Nissan the first time to service my brake. A "Loose fuel cap" message and then an CEL came on suddenly the same weekend after my visit.

So I brought my car back Bay Ridge Nissan on 12/26/2013 for a diagnostic since the car is still under warranty. They charged $250 for a diagnostic that concluded there was an EVAP system leak and it was due to self inflicted damage to the EVAP canister along with damage to a wiring harness. My service advisor Patrick Martin told me repeatedly that they found scrap marks on the canister and damage on the wiring harness connected to the pressure sensor. He suggested that I might have back my car into something and caused the damage. They quoted me $799 for the repair and it's not covered under warranty. I disagreed with the diagnostic, paid the diagnostic charge and drove the car away with the check engine light still illuminated.

I took the car to a local auto repair shop and with the car on the lift both the mechanic there and I inspected the car and we could not find any signs of damages at all. I then went on to a short weekend trip with my family and the check engine light actually went out on its own on our way back home after it's been illuminated stubbornly for 2 months. (So the leak just mysteriously fixed itself after the visit to that dealer)

I then spoke to Nissan regional specialist Beverley and she insisted that I need to go back Bay Ridge Nissan to have them check on the car one more time before they would issue me a refund on the diagnostic. I refused to go back to Bay Ridge Nissan because I would not want to put myself back in a situation where I could be taken advantage of. So Beverley suggested I should take the car to another Nissan dealer to have the car inspected before moving forward toward a reimbursement.

I took the car to another local dealer Kings Nissan to seek a second opinion. This dealer was nice enough to check the car for me without charge under warranty. They concluded that there was no damage to the EVAP canister nor the wiring harness. However they found out the canister "somehow" came out of the support bracket and and the pressure sensor was pull out of the canister which might have caused the leak. They re-secured everything the way it supposed to be. They verified that the EVAP system is good by conducting a pressure test afterward.

Went back to Beverley and after I have complied to every suggestions she made, she still insisted that I need to go back to Bay Ridge Nissan to settle with them. It seems to me Nissan Corporation does not have an interest in preserving their corporate integrity, instead they are just interested in having the incident over with.

If you own a Nissan, please stay away from Bay Ridge Nissn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Ridge-Nissan/Brooklyn-New-York-11220/Bay-Ridge-Nissan-Deceptive-diagnostic-to-rack-up-phony-repair-Brooklyn-New-York-1116087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Ridge Nissan