Complaint Review: BayView Law Group

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: stephanie — Brownstown Michigan United States of America
BayView Law Group
1011 Brioso Dr. Suite 101 Costa Mesa, California United States of America

BayView Law Group I paid them$2098.45 for nothing and received $484.36 as my refund...complete rip off!!! Costa Mesa, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: rrip-off

*Consumer Comment: I agree but I was able to get my money back

I hired Bayview Law Group to deal with my 4 creditors and arrange some type of settlement as we were having some difficulties with my husband being laid off and my father came to live with us after a stroke in 4/08.

They stated that they would talk to my creditors and arrange for some type of settlement with possibly even settling for as little as 40% of the original credit card debt.

I made my first payment of $303.65 on 2/19/10, then again on 3/16/10 and 4/26/10. On my bank statement they appear as Bay View Law Group. I made another payment on 8/2/10 and it was split into 2 amounts. The first was Bay View Legal for $121.09 and the other was Bay View law group for $182.56.

I again made the payment and they split it the same way on 9/1/10 and 1/5/10.

In total I paid them $2098.45 and have the proof of my bank statements. I had 4 creditors for them to deal with and I have settled one account myself and been sued by 2 others. The lawyers from the 2 cases told me they repeatedly tried to get ahold of bayview but sat on infinate holds and eventually gave up. The one man showed me the phone log he made.

So I contacted Bayview, whom now will not answer my calls or return my emails, and told them this and that if they could not perform the service they should not be paid. They did not contact me and today on 1/25/2011 I received a refund of $484.36 from the Bay View Legal Company.

I hope they respond to my emails soon, I started to send myself copies as well.

I do not want anyone else to be scammed by this company who offers absolutely no help, yet is very good at keeping your money, and of course, they said they would take their fees first. (I should have known at that moment)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2011 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BayView-Law-Group/Costa-Mesa-California-92627/BayView-Law-Group-I-paid-them209845-for-nothing-and-received-48436-as-my-refundcom-686316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BayView Law Group

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

rrip-off

AUTHOR: g en rychling - (United States of America)

i was taken from bay veiw law for the sum of appx,  12,000 dollars and got nothing from them  still tring to recover,,,,,,,,,,glen  rychling

I agree but I was able to get my money back

AUTHOR: O_o - (United States of America)

I feel for you but all is not lost yet.

According to other complaints about this company, the common MO seems to be the following:

1) They debit money out of your account in (a) an amount was unauthorized or (b) after you have canceled your agreement with them.

2) You call them to get your money back and they make you sign a settlement/hold-harmless agreement as a condition of you getting your money back.

Such agreements are illegal in California, under most situations.

I don't know where you are located but this firm seems to have attorneys all over the US.

If you are a California resident, you can ask for help from the California State Bar attorney complaint hotline (1-800-843-9053). You can even file a complaint.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/LawyerRegulation.aspx. (complaint hotline)
http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/LawyerRegulation/ComplaintForm.aspx (complaint form)

The attorneys of record for this firm are:
Jedediah Newlin Thurkettle

County
Orange
Law School
Western State Univ COL; Fullerton CA

Good luck and please report back.