Complaint Review: BeNaughty

• Submitted: Sat, April 13, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 13, 2013

• Reported By: Yaz — Anjou Quebec

BeNaughty Site infested with criminal activity trying to con money out of you, Internet

I joined this dating site quite by accident as I thought I was joining a differently named dating site. Once I paid my trial subscription fee and set up my profile I started receiving emails from supposed women who were intrested in meeting me. After exchanging a couple of messages they suspiciously asked to contact me on their own private email address .

The first several times I refused , but since this kept happening I thought I would give one a try and contacted a woman calling herself Anne Thomas on her own email address.  I used an email account I created for use only with suspicious or strange contacts ( I strongly recommend everyone do the same as that way spammers and phishers cannot access all your personal contacts or hack their accounts - they can only hack the accounts of other hackers ) .

Well this Anne exchanged a few realistic looking emails with me telling about her past and such , and included some rather racy content of what she would do to me sexually when we would supposedly meet. [continued below]....

Eventually she came around to ask me for $800 to help with some "expenses" she unexpectedly encountered.  I refused outright and cut off any further contact with her .

Here's what I learned.  Anne wasn't the only  one using almost ver-batem messages to me. It seems these con-artists use the same script for their victims.  These "women" claiming to live in various  parts of Canada and US are sending emails originating from Ghana in Africa .

I contacted BeNaughty by first filling out one of their email us forms and describing what happened. They replied with their customer service phone number. I called them.  They said they cannot control who uses their website, but that they try to weed out people using their site for criminal activities.  They agreed to look into my case. I never heard from them again .

All further contacts I made on this site were exactly the same -  all repeats of my experience with this Anne Thomas person using different aliases .  Even though my membership on this site doesn't expire on BeNaughty till end of May , I have deleted my profile and closed my account - also cancelled their automatic re-billing .  I decided it's better to lose my $86 than to continue with this crap .

I just hope that my credit card does not get charged again for an additional repeat billing charge .  If so, you'll hear from me again.

I strongly recommend people stay far away from BeNaughty.com dating site.  Be warned !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BeNaughty/internet/BeNaughty-Site-infested-with-criminal-activity-trying-to-con-money-out-of-you-Internet-1043052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BeNaughty