Complaint Review: Beach, Cruise & Travel Network

• Reported By: Orvis — Carmel New York United States of America
Beach, Cruise & Travel Network
142 N. Orlando Ave Suite 100 Cocoa Beach, Florida United States of America

Beach, Cruise & Travel Network telemarketing Cocoa Beach, Florida

BCTN is breaking the law by ignoring the Do Not Call List.

They lied that I had entered their contest, so it was okay to call me. They lied that they were not a Telemarketer, even though the call was placed through the Mitchell Communications Telemarketing Agency near Chicago.

From what I have read elsewhere, The Beach, Cruise, and Travel Network, LLC in Cocoa Beach, Florida is just another one of those discount travel club sales pitches where you are told you may have won a car, or other major prizes. You can bet you will get a cheap TV. Then they try to sell you a $3,000+ membership with $200 a year dues to get discount travel. BBB gives them a failing rating.

Here is the message left on my answering machine in a scripted, uneducated voice:

"Hi this is David calling from Mitchell Communication group. [continued below]....
..... We have made numerous attempts to reach you regarding your entry form that you sent in within the last 18 months to receive a new car. This is my phone call to notify you that your name was pulled and you could receive one of our top four major prizes. It will be in your best interest to give me a call back as soon as possible. My number is toll free at 877-279-3457. Again that's 1-877-279-3457 ext. 243. We're not a telemarketing agency or timeshare, this is not a cold call. So please do not erase this message. I am aware of the "do not call list", so I wouldn't be calling unless you actually entered. I look forward to hearing from you. Once again congratulations, this is David "

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2010 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beach-Cruise-Travel-Network/Cocoa-Beach-Florida-32931/Beach-Cruise-Travel-Network-telemarketing-Cocoa-Beach-Florida-651116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beach, Cruise & Travel Network