determining

• Updated: Sat, April 10, 2010

• Reported By: Issac — Chesapeake Virginia United States of America
Beach Yellow Cab
1122 Priddy Lane Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Beach Yellow Cab Dirty Car, Dirty Driver, Dirty Attitude Virginia Beach, Virginia

I requested a taxi to transport me from my house to a local high school at 7 AM. By 8:00, a cab had still not arrived and I had received no follow up call as to the location or estimated time of arrival for the cab. It was not until my third call to the cab company did a dispatcher try to call the cab to see where it was and how long it would be until the cab arrived.

When the cab arrived, I was appalled at what I saw. A dirty yellow taxi (license plate # H117801) was rumbling loudly in front of my house. When I entered the vehicle, the scene was even worse. On the back head rest of the vehicle was a dirty jacket that was hanging over my shoulder.

On the floor, trash was strewn all over and a dirty wet book was crumpled under my feet. In between the driver and the front passenger seat was a large cardboard box filled with trash. The driver looked unkempt and an unbearable odor emanated from his body.

It was a cold morning, but he chose to drive the entire trip with the window down without asking my permission. The driver also had no knowledge of the area as I had to direct him to the school. I was visibly upset from the outset, but as a customer, he had no right to tell me to calm down.

When I arrived at my destination he was not able to offer me the proper change. He was fumbling through his pockets and the car seats for change.

The companys website states that it focuses on the fundamentals of the taxi business. Unfortunately, the car was not clean, the driver was inept with directions, he was not friendly, and the dispatch did not seem to provide for faster service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2010 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beach-Yellow-Cab/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23455/Beach-Yellow-Cab-Dirty-Car-Dirty-Driver-Dirty-Attitude-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-591697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beach Yellow Cab