Complaint Review: Beacon Industries Gap Insurance/Wachovia Dealer Services

• Submitted: Fri, November 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:Bakersfield California
Beacon Industries Gap Insurance/Wachovia Dealer Services
29 PASTURE & 5610 NW 12 AVE #209 IRVINE; FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida U.S.A.

Beacon Industries Gap Insurance/ Wachovia Dealer Services NOT A DEPENDABLE COMPANY WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A VICTIM OF A TOTAL LOSS IRVINE; CALIFORNIA FORT LAUDERDALE Florida

I was in a car accident back leaving work back in the beginning of october. It was the other parties fault. She had her vehicle for only two days before she made the mistake to run a stop sign and make an illegal u-turn directly in front me. Her insurance ended up sending a check to Wachovia for the value of my vehicle (which I had for 3 years before the accident) and the remainder of the balance was just over $1000.
Her insurance company was nice enough to take care of the Gap portion for me as far as directly sending any paperwork they may need and handling everything directly. Everytime we call we get an answer machine, and no one ever returns either one of our phone calls. When we do speak with someone she claims she is the receptionist and that they have no one in the claims department who can work on claims. The agent they did give me to take care of my loan didn't even work there anymore so they were just giving me the runaround by giving me that person to begin with. We are always getting told that they are in transition and that they will be having someone contact either me or the insurance company the beginning of the following week. Needless to say we never get a call back.
I just purchased a new vehicle last week with payments around the same amount I was paying for my old car. I needed to be able to get to work and school. I called Wachovia to inform them that the insurance company's check would be coming soon because it had already been sent but the Gap insurance people are M.I.A. In so many words they told me oh well just keep paying. It makes it worse because the vehicle was in my mom's name so I absolutely am stuck paying for what they GAP insurance was supposed to cover because I don't want this loan showing up bad on my mother's credit.

I explained that I can't afford to make to car payments and could the payments at least be pushed back or lowered and they told me call back later and we'll let you know after we receive the check from the insurance company. At this point I don't know what to do and having to go to work everyday and school, I don't really have the time or the patience to deal with this. My stress level is through the roof, not to mention my moms as well because again this loan is in her name. This was a horrible experience and I hope someone reads this and it cautions you before you buy a new or used vehicle to find out who is financing beforehand and if you get the gap insurance, who will it be through. At this point I feel that was alot of money I could have saved by not getting the GAP insurance in the first place since it looks like I'm going to end up paying the remainder amount myself anyway. I do have gap insurance on my new car I purchased and it is NOT through Beacon...

Nisha
Bakersfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beacon-Industries-Gap-InsuranceWachovia-Dealer-Services/IRVINE-FORT-LAUDERDALE-Florida-92618-33309/Beacon-Industries-Gap-Insurance-Wachovia-Dealer-Services-NOT-A-DEPENDABLE-COMPANY-WHEN-IT-391269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beacon Industries Gap Insurance/Wachovia Dealer Services