Complaint Review: Beacon Security

• Updated: Sat, April 14, 2012

• Reported By: Charlie — Fayetteville Georgia United States of America
Beacon Security
2952 N. Expressway Griffin, Georgia United States of America

Beacon Security Fraudulent contract practices for security monitoring agreements..... Griffin, Georgia

I requested this company to upgrade a security system in a rental property. The sales rep looked at the existing system (which had been installed by the same company)  and stated he could upgrade the system with a 36 month monitoring contract. I agreed to those terms and few days later the company performed/installed the upgrade.

After 60 days or so the so called new system caused several problems (false alarms) when I called the company to fix the system they said that there would be a $75 service call which I thought was ridiculous...I contacted the company manager and he would not do anything different.....so from that point for the next 33 or so months the alarm most of the time did not function properly.

When I was close to the contract expiration I contacted the company about cancelling the monitoring service. The individual I spoke with said I needed to write a letter to cancel the service and I promptly did and sent the final payment amount.

A few days later I received a call from the "new manager" at the company. He tells me that he found another contract in my file3 that indicated that had a 60 month monitoring commitment not 36.....I told him to send the contract to me that had not agreed to a 60 month term. When I received the contract the 60 month term had been handwritten onto the form and it was not signed by me. The "new manager" said he would get with the owner and see if could work something out for me. He contacted a few days later and said that the owner was being stubborn about the term of the contract but he had agreed that if would pay (lump sum) an additional 12 months of monitoring that they would call it even....I told him NO that I did not agree to a 48 or 60 month term for monitoring. Now the company has sent a standard "Legal Action" threat letter.

To date I have filed a BBB report and this "RIPOFF" report. If I do not get the company to cease and desist with this fraudulent collection effort I will rent a billboard within close proximity of the business location and advertise my situation with them.

It is appalling to have a company intentionally try to ripoff its customers with this type of practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2012 05:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beacon-Security/Griffin-Georgia-30223/Beacon-Security-Fraudulent-contract-practices-for-security-monitoring-agreements-Gri-868508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beacon Security