Complaint Review: Beacon Ulpholstery Phoenix

• Updated: Sun, August 05, 2012

• Reported By: Lola — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Beacon Ulpholstery Phoenix
117 E. Jackson St. AZ 85004 Sun City, Arizona United States of America

Beacon Ulpholstery Phoenix Michael Eads Employee Beacon Ulphostery employee scams unsuspecting consumers who really want a credible organizations help..Hold Beacon accountable!!!! Sun City, Arizona

*Author of original report: Look for Name on the internet before paying

*Consumer Suggestion: Check with Registrar of Contractors

Lola

At the end of June I needed to get 3 pieces of furniture re-upholstered, and tile put into two bedrooms. I looked on the internet found some credible names of organizations in this field. My daughter mentioned Beacon Upholstery because she had seen their commercial on TV and heard the catchy slogan.  I decided to go call them. I called the # listed and left my information and the next day I recieved a call from Mike Eads. Who showed up the next day with samples of cloth. He identified himself as an employee of Beacon Upholstery. I let him in how else would he know I had called if someone at Beacon Upholstery had not passed on my call to him.

I explained what I wanted done to 3 pieces of furniture showed him the furniture and he said he would give me a good quote and save me money. I agreed to the amount of more than $1000 and gave him the 1/2 down payment he said was required.  He said he could tile my rooms too, he came out the next day or 2 brought out 3 tile samples, took measurements of the rooms and I gave him 1/2 of the $1300 he quoted me. He called to say my furniture was ready.  He made several appointments to deliver cancelled and finally showed, he left the furniture. The next day I made more observations and had him to come get the pieces which he kept for 3 weeks somewhere and brought them back showing he tried to fix my concerns. I told him we would not proceed with my tile until furniture was right.    we made a date for him to do the tile he did not show or call, BUT THIS MAN HAS WALKED AWAY WITH $1350 and I have no tile.

I have been frustrated to no end, moving furniture changing my plans to be home and this guy shows up and makes a deal by saying I'll take $300 off if you give me $400 more on the total, I need the cash flow...don't be suckered in by this older man who comes out and ends up with your money and furniture, and he has it because you CALLED Beacon Upholstery and they sent someone with no integrity...I called Beacon and I'm waiting to  hear from them on this issue... Hopefully you will see one of these reports before you trust the person sent out from Beacon especially if its Mike Eads...Phoenix, AZ 85042

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beacon-Ulpholstery-Phoenix/Sun-City-Arizona-/Beacon-Ulpholstery-Phoenix-Michael-Eads-Employee-Beacon-Ulphostery-employee-scams-unsusp-922534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beacon Ulpholstery Phoenix

Look for Name on the internet before paying

AUTHOR: B. Smarter - (United States of America)

This guy, Michael Eads is an elderly caucasian and he pulls of his scam by quoting you a high price and then comes back a few days later and tells you he can knock off 2-300 if you are willing to give him money on the spot because "he needs the cash flow" that was his favorite statement. Now I realize how he scams innocent people and no one should have to go through this humiliating experience. He has gotten away with $1300 dollars for service and material never provided.

I will be taking more steps to address this with Beacon Upholstery as well as 3 on my side, if Beacon has no solution for this, after all he got my name/address after I asked them to send someone out to give me a quote. I ignored all the red flags...and find myself out of money and no results.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Check with Registrar of Contractors

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Beacon Upholstery has been around Phoenix forever but I never heard of them doing tile work.

A person who lays tile or other flooring is required to have a contractor's license issued by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.  There is an exception for handymen, but the amount you were quoted exceeds that limit.  The ROC's website allows you to search for the contractor's license and file complaints. Their website is http://www.azroc.gov/

A company called Beacon Interiors, Inc. was once licensed to do drywall but their license expired in 2009.  It is not clear whether this is the same "Beacon" that you called.  I found no license for anyone name Mike or Michael Eads.