Complaint Review: Bear Bottoms Diaper Service

• Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: Gavin — Kitchener Ontario Canada
Bear Bottoms Diaper Service
125 Snyder's E Baden, ON N3A 2V4 Cambridge, Ontario United States of America

Bear Bottoms Diaper Service Bear Bottoms sells diapers with holes in them. Cambridge, Ontario

*Author of original report: Spam Filter to Blame

My wife and I wanted to do diapers ourselves and we had a friend who had used the bear bottoms service and recommended it. We purchased used diapers from them when my daughter was born and they were great and lasted nearly a year.

We recently made a second order for larger diapers. When the diapers arrived many (more than 50%) had holes in them, some large, and the rest looked extremely worn. Having gone through a previous set we knew these had less than a month left in them. I have spend the last 3 weeks contacting Bear Bottoms to try to return these because while they are
used they did not indicate they would have holes in them or I would not have ordered them.

3 voice mails and 4 emails later I have yet to receive any contact from anyone at their company. They were very quick to process the $350 payment but since then there has been no attempt at customer service. It's not acceptable to charge that type of money for damage goods and then just ignore the customer and hope they will go away.

I don't want to discourage people from buying clothe diapers because I think that they are fantastic and we will continue to use clothe.  I just don't want anyone else spending $350 and getting diapers with holes in them and then this company pocketing your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bear-Bottoms-Diaper-Service/Cambridge-Ontario-N3A2V4/Bear-Bottoms-Diaper-Service-Bear-Bottoms-sells-diapers-with-holes-in-them-Cambridge-Ont-955515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bear Bottoms Diaper Service

Spam Filter to Blame

AUTHOR: Gavin - (Canada)

So Bear Bottoms contacted me two days ago to apologize for missing my emails, they were in their spam folder.

I dealt with Jill and she has taken back the diapers and examined them and has offered me a full refund.  I appreciate how quickly this was done (they picked up the diapers in less than 3 days) after they realized that they had missed my messages and I am much happier with their service.

I wish that the diapers would have worked out as the ones we bought for my daughter when she was born have been fantastic.  She's 15 mos now and they still look great.  I guess I can use them for the next one!

Thanks Jill for sorting this out so quickly.