Complaint Review: Bear Country, JandJ Wholesales, CyberGetaways, Fantastic Destinations

• Submitted: Wed, April 12, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:Middletown Ohio
Bear Country, JandJ Wholesales, CyberGetaways, Fantastic Destinations
cybergetaways.com Kingsport, Tennessee U.S.A.

Bear Country, JandJ Wholesalers, CyberGetaways, Fantastic Destinations Sold vacation package on e-bay then disappeared Kingsport Tennessee

*Author of original report: Snide remarks from Cybergetaways (James VanBuren)

I won an auction for a vacation package from Cybergetaways. I received the itenerary with the names of four different companies. I contacted Fantastic Destinations, and the woman there claims that she also lost a small fortune due to this "bankruptcy" I tried to contact the other companies without much luck. I finally got a response from J and J Wholesale and they said:

We received notice from Bear Country on 12/13/2005 that they filed bankruptcy and all files had been turned over to a bankruptcy lawyer. I was a distributor for them and had absolutely no notice, warning or any sign that Bear Country was to file. If we had, we would not have continued to sell the packages and would have notified customers. The bankruptcy trustee for Bear Country will be contacting all Bear Country customers. I have also hired an attorney to access the situation and assist me and let us know the next step that needs to be taken. His contact information is below. I will be forwarding this email to him and will ask you to contact him with any further communications regarding this situation. As soon as possible he will let us know the next course of action that needs to be taken.

bankruptcy trustee for Bear Country :
Jason R McLellan, Attorney
158 Cherokee Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
(423)245-3976

I tried to call him several times and he is never there and never returns my calls. What can you expect from the lawyer representing a scam artist?

Jason
Middletown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2006 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bear-Country-JandJ-Wholesales-CyberGetaways-Fantastic-Destinations/Kingsport-Tennessee/Bear-Country-JandJ-Wholesalers-CyberGetaways-Fantastic-Destinations-Sold-vacation-packa-186358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bear Country, JandJ Wholesales, CyberGetaways, Fantastic Destinations

Snide remarks from Cybergetaways (James VanBuren)

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I contacted Mr. VanBuren on 06/16/2009 and told him that I was doing what I could to dissuade his potential victims. This is the response I got from him:"It is kind of funny that I never have any cancelled bids and everyone pays. Keep up the good work!!!!" Can you believe the audacity? I mean, this is a scam artist that took me for hundreds of dollars, and this is how he handles it. "Everyone pays".