Complaint Review: Bear Creek Saddle Club

• Submitted: Tue, March 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Englewood Colorado
Bear Creek Saddle Club
3033 S. Estes Street Lakewood, Colorado U.S.A.

Bear Creek Saddle Club Kicked me out on 8 hours' notice, threatened legal action to keep me quiet, and then changed their name Lakewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Bear Creek Saddle Club has a new website

Little Red Stables, the barn that kicked me and my horse out on only 8 hours' notice in August 2008 and then threatened legal action to keep me quiet, has changed their name to Bear Creek Saddle Club!

Bear Creek Saddle Club is currently managed by Cat Brantz. At the end of August 2008, Cat Brantz kicked me and my horse out on only 8 hours' notice over a disagreement. The disagreement started because she asked me to help her move a horse into a stall other than his own, and I refused: I knew his owner would be upset about him being moved without her permission, for one thing, but also because I was not in any way required to help her move horses around. My contract, which I still have, clearly states that my job was to clean stalls ONLY in exchange for board.

Cat Brantz at first told me I had 2 weeks to move my horse, but she added that if I caused trouble she would make it less. Since the contract states that the barn will give you two weeks' notice, I argued with her over whether she could do this, and as a result of our argument she told me I had to be out by 5:00 pm that same day.

The contract states that they can ask someone to leave immediately for "operational" reasons. Personally, I don't think personal disagreements or dislikes constitute "operational" reasons, so I think it is important for potential boarders at Bear Creek Saddle Club to know that they can AND HAVE used this loophole to kick out unsuspecting boarders!

Please be aware -- Bear Creek Saddle Club is managed by Cat Brantz, the same person who kicked me out when the barn was called Little Red Stables!

Katharine
Englewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2009 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bear-Creek-Saddle-Club/Lakewood-Colorado-80227/Bear-Creek-Saddle-Club-Kicked-me-out-on-8-hours-notice-threatened-legal-action-to-keep-m-437225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bear Creek Saddle Club

Bear Creek Saddle Club has a new website

AUTHOR: Katharine - (U.S.A.)

Bear Creek Saddle Club has a new website:

Please note that this is the same place that kicked me out on only 8 hours notice. Cat Brantz, who kicked me out, is still the manager. At the time when I was kicked out, Gregg Hartmann was part owner and handled more of the running of the business than the other owner. I assume this is still the case, as Gregg called my husband and left him a voice message a while back, wanting to talk about what I was posting online.