Complaint Review: Beats by Dre'

• Submitted: Tue, February 18, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: bvp_burke — Burke Virginia
Beats by Dre'
7582 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Suite 401 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Beats by Dre' MonsterBEATS D*E*F*E*C*T*I*V*E - WARRANTY IS A HOAX!!!! Las Vegas Nevada

Received a $160 pair of Powerbeats by Dre' for Christmas.....  Amazing sound for the first two weeks and then I noticed crackling sounds from the right earbud....  I tried several devices only to determine it was a defective product.

I contacted and spoke with Beats by Dre' customer support who sent me an RMA authorization to send (at my expense) to their Texas facility where they would replace (this was an Xmas gift with no receipt).

After two weeks - I was notified today that my warranty was "declined" after they "evaluated" and determined one of two things:  1.  Product MAY be fake 2. Product did not have proof of purchase ..... when I called to ask WHICH - I was put on hold and told they couldn't determine but would be sending them back to me in the same condition recieved...

This is abhorable customer service and flies in the face of their warranty and product paperwork that came with the ORIGINAL box.... I've opened up a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, State of Virginia Regulatory and Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau!  RIPOFF!!!

I should've stayed with a proven and more REPUTABLE company - BOSE!  Do NOT waste your money on this shoddy product!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beats-by-Dre/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Beats-by-Dre-MonsterBEATS-DEFECTIVE-WARRANTY-IS-A-HOAX-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1124420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beats by Dre'