Complaint Review: Beau James Pomeranians

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Kate — Boston Massachusetts
Beau James Pomeranians
Shelby, OH 44875 Internet United States of America

Beau James Pomeranians beau james pomeranians cynthia wallen Paid $1500 for a dog that needed knee surgery at 7 months old! Internet

I bought a Pom from Cynthia a few years ago and I think this is really important to tell others as a warning. There are a lot of other complaints about her on here, so I know I'm not the only one who feels completely burned by Cynthia and Beau James Poms. I bought a puppy from her as a pet with limited AKC papers for $1500. I drove all the way to Ohio to pick up the dog. I asked a million questions about how solid her lines were bc I wanted a quality Pom for $1500.

Around 6 months old (had the pup only about 4ish months) she was started limping and could barely walk. I took her to the vet and they said she needed surgery on both knees bc of a terrible luxated patellas. I was shocked! The dog was 6 months old and supposed to have come from a top breeder! So obviously I called Cynthia and no answer for weeks until she finally emailed me back saying she had no idea why her knees were bad and that both her parents were perfect and that when she left her care she has 0/0 knees by the vet and that an "injury" must have caused this (basically trying to blame me) and that vets sometimes say they need surgery and they don't.

So I wrote back I had her checked by two different vets already, as my main vet said she wanted a second opinion from someone who does the surgery on the regular. They BOTH said she has a grade 3 patella (0-4 scale, 4 being the worst) and the knee caps dont even stay on her knees AT ALL. They didnt push them out of place during the exams, they said the knees were already off and they pushed them back in and they immediately popped back out. They watched her walk before they examined the knees and the 2nd vet could already tell she had bad knees by her stiff walk. The second vet who has done over 300 knee surgeries and a lot of them toys and poms said my dogs were the bottom 10% of the WORST knees he has ever seen and he said to tell you thats not the bottom 10% of dogs, thats the bottom 10% of poms specifically. The reason i even brought her in was because she had been limping and the vet said she had probably sprained her knee due to the caps not being in the right place.

The surgery was going to be $1200 per knee so I was furious! I had the dog 4 months and had to spend 2500+ on surgery?! I very nicely asked for either some of my money back because she clearly sold me an inferior dog or to have some of the surgery paid for by her. Surprise surprise no answer, ever actually after about 4-5 more calls and emails.

I obviously got the surgery done bc my dog couldn't even walk. After surgery the vet said once he got in there he saw that this wasn't due to "injury" but a hereditary malformation of the groove of the knee (so it was 100% from the parents!). The vet said She has grade 4 knees, so if anything Cynthia shouldn't be breeding the parents again the vet said. Cynthia mentioned in the first email the dog having 0/0 grade knees (perfect basically) as a puppy and how it doesn't change, but that is just completely untrue, both vets said so. As the bones grow this happens and usually doesn't show up until 6-1yr he said.

She never answered my calls or emails, ever! I'm sorry but that is NOT how you run a business. All I was really looking for was an apology, and maybe even some money to help pay for the $2500 surgery, because that is just the right thing to do. I was appalled by her just straight up ignoring me!

My dog is almost 5 now and her knees are fine because of the surgery, but she's already showing signs of a collapsing trachea (never has she once had a collar on, only harnesses). While I love my dog to death and wouldn't trade her for the world, seriously look else where for a Pom, this lady straight up sucks and clearly the only thing she cares about is making money because if she didnt she would have done the right thing and refunded my money...I see she writes back to all these complaints too saying how the accusations aren't true, but you think I really just sat here and wrote this because I was bored? I mean get real, the lady straight up burned me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beau-James-Pomeranians/internet/Beau-James-Pomeranians-beau-james-pomeranians-cynthia-wallen-Paid-1500-for-a-dog-that-nee-1046863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beau James Pomeranians