Complaint Review: Beau Monde College of Hair Design

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: keath — Hauula Hawaii United States of America
Beau Monde College of Hair Design
1221 SW 12th Ave Portland, Oregon United States of America

Beau Monde College of Hair Design Beau Monde College THIS SCHOOL IS A SCAM !!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!!! Portland, Oregon

*UPDATE Employee: Beau Monde is not a Rip Off!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The only side I'm taking is my own.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Beau Monde College of Hair Design is a great school!

*Consumer Comment: Things that make you go hmmmm

*UPDATE Employee: All Lies

I went to school for 6 months, as did all my friends who dropped out too for the same reasons. They charge way more than any other school in PDX. They also scam people with their inaccurate time clocks. If you get tired of going here or even graduate you will ALWAYS owe them thousands of dollars after thy've been paid 25k in financial aid because they ALWAYS say you are missing hours when it is the fault of their own faulty time clocks. They purposely rip off their students, yet they can't even afford hair gels when you have a client. They need to be turned in to Pivot-Point International and the Board of Education like I did.

We are all also receiving collection calls because they say we all owe money for missed hours. When you confront them on this issue you will be passed around like a cheap hooker, and they will never solve the problem yet all the students are being ripped off PURPOSELY!!!! They need to be put out of business. Worst school in the world trust me!!!! DONT GO HERE FOR ANYTHING!!!! OR YOU WILL BE SENT TO COLLECTIONS!!! AND IT'S THEIR PROBLEM THEY REFUSE TO FIX!!! SINCE LEAVING THIS SCHOOL I HAVE WENT TO THE REAL PIVOT POINT WHICH IS NOTHING LIKE THIS SCAM AND THEY NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH PLEASE CALL YOUR DEPT OF EDUCATION AND PIVOT POINT TO COMPLAIN!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2010 02:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beau-Monde-College-of-Hair-Design/Portland-Oregon-97205/Beau-Monde-College-of-Hair-Design-Beau-Monde-College-THIS-SCHOOL-IS-A-SCAM-THEY-WILL-R-644539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beau Monde College of Hair Design

Beau Monde is not a Rip Off!

AUTHOR: coolmama55 - ()

I just want to add that the student who wrote this verbal vomit of lies came back some time later, apologized for his abhorrent behavior, paid his balance that he did indeed owe, and went on his merry way.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The only side I'm taking is my own.

AUTHOR: BrainySmurfette - ()

a very similar response to the one posted by "Aquarius" can be found at

I have copied it here as well.

A Google User

reviewed a year ago
I am currently a student at BM and contrary to the reviews below, BM is amazing. The staff truly believe in us students and provide us with expertise above and beyond what the curriculum calls for. From administrative staff down to the cadets everyone I have worked with has been extremely educated and dedicated. In all honesty, the students I come across who chose to say nasty things about BM have screwed up their own education by having poor attendance and behavioral issues and instead of taking ownership for their own negligence turn around and blame the school and the staff. I cant imagine going to any other school. There is a reason why BM has been around so many years and why BM graduates go on to be so successful.

*** Now I'm not saying that these reviews/defenses of Beau Monde and their programs, facilities, etc. by students are fakes written by Employees. It wouldn't surprise me to know that this was the case either; what's more likely is that these glowing reports are the work of cadet instructors (student teachers) or one or another of the "favored" students.

I am a former student of BeauMonde and I have very serious issues of my own with the school, none of which concern the facilities, curriculum, or the teachers. Most, if not all of the instructors I had during my time there are incredibly kind, sweet, good people who truly care about their students.

The same cannot be said of the owners of the school and it is they with whom I have a quarrel. I cannot comment upon the
Original poster's situation or the circumstances thereof But what he said about the inflated costs and the aggressive way in which the school pursues those former students who are indebted to them.

While I do not endorse violence, especially against Miss April who was one of my favorite teachers nor do I know this man but neither can I condone the fact that several people connected to the school, including the daughter of the woman who owns It writing rebuttals which rely upon character assassination or picking apart minor points of the argument instead of addressing the meat of the complaint which seems to be that it is nigh unto impossible to get out of debt with the unscrupulous people who operate this school who, when unsuccessful in their efforts to get blood from a stone, will engage debt collectors to harass people who can't afford to pay these inflated debts.

As I said, I have my own serious issues with the way the Petersens do business but am unwilling to air my grievances here or lest several people attack my character.
Any affections for the teachers aside, I regret ever setting foot in this place!
Do yourself a favor, go to Mt. Hood Community College's Beauty School instead. It's half the price and if for some reason you fall short in any way, you won't have debt collectors hounding you.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Beau Monde College of Hair Design is a great school!

AUTHOR: dilmp - (United States of America)

Keath was a student who was terminated from school because of an incident with his instructor Ms. April.  The fact he acted out - endangering other students, clients, and staff by threatening, raising his fist, breaking a classroom door window - knocking down clients and students as he ran out the door.  (Security Camera Coverage).  In this day and age of violent behavior and the fear of further harm and danger to others - it was determined to terminate the student without the right to appeal.  Keath continued to post lies about everything he could to damage the reputation of the school.  Beau Monde has been training professionals since 1960.  Our success is based on our graduate success - gainful employment in the cosmetology profession.  Please visit our web-site www.beaumondecollege.com.

Camille

Things that make you go hmmmm

AUTHOR: Aquarius - (United States of America)

I am currently a student at Beau Monde College of Hair Design and I would like to share my experiance and insights. The staff truly believe in us students and provide us with expertise above and beyond what the curriculum calls for. From administrative staff down to the cadets everyone I have worked with has been extremely educated and dedicated. Beau Monde is the most progressive school around and they continually show that with keeping up on industry trends and passing that on to us students.

As far as the time clock is concerned, the only issue I have ever had with it is when I either forget to clock in or out for the day. That is clearly my issue not the schools. Being that I do keep track of my hours its never been an issue for me to have my hours fixed....most of the time its done before I say anything.

The students that I have encountered who have issues with Beau Monde and the staff have screwed up their own education by having poor attendance and behavioral issues and instead of taking ownership for their own negligence turn around and blame the school and the staff. This is not fair to Beau Monde.

Beau Monde has been training industry professionals for years now and there is a reason why. Beau Monde is an excellent school and Beau Monde truly cares and wants to see their graduates go far. I have many friends who have graduated from Beau Monde and none of which have felt "ripped off"

One last thing I would like to touch is being a clinic floor student I can definitely testify that styling products are ALWAYS available for us to use on our clients...hair gel included.

All Lies

AUTHOR: Beau Monde - (United States of America)

I would like to address everything written in the complaint.  First off, our time clocks are fully functional.  Students only have missing hours if they are absent from school.  Being a clock-hour school, students are required to have a certain about of hours in order to graduate.  If a student does not have the allotted hours then they must make them up.

We have never ripped-off a student, we only provide them with a world class education that we stand behind.  Also, we have a fully-stocked dispensary and have no trouble keeping it that way.

We have a great on-going relationship with Pivot Point International.  We were just chosen by Pivot Point International as an early adopter for their new online training program.  Our owners have a great relationship with the owners of Pivot Point and have been on two trips with them in the last month.  They know everything that is going on here at Beau Monde.  Also, we have recently had a representative from the Board of Education in to discuss this former student.  We have a great relationship with them, as well.

Students are turned in to collections after they fail to make payments on an outstanding balance.  We obviously hate to turn students in to collections, but if they refuse to pay their accounts our hand is forced.  This student claims our students are sent to collections for anything, which is  completely false.

Having knowledge of this student I can guarantee you he never went to Pivot Point International and is only making claims to try to add credibility to himself because he has none.  If he had been there he would know that our campus is being run with Pivot Point International as our model.  We constantly visit their campus and doing everything we can to model our school after theirs.

I hope anyone reading this understands the situation here.  A disgruntled student is doing everything he can to hurt the reputation of his former school that was forced to expel him because of his violent and abusive actions.  I encourage anyone that would like more information to contact the school directly through our administrative offices.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC