Complaint Review: Beautymus Cattery

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: Achilles' Heel — Boston Massachusetts
Beautymus Cattery
370 Willie Duncan Road Siler City, North Carolina USA

Beautymus Cattery / Singapura kittens / Feline Infectious Peritonitis - Beware of any Singapura breeders with Beautymus Cattery blood in their lines. Siler City North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I purchased two healthy singapuras

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Beautymus cattery

This past month, my sweet 8-month young Singapura kitten had to be put down due to advanced Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP).  With the tests that were conducted, there was absolutely no doubt that it was FIP.  n my struggles to cope with her situation, I searched for "Singapura" and this fatal disease on the internet, and I came up with these reports on this website.  It was with great pain that I read the three submissions, and I was shocked to learn that these victim families shared a common denominator with me - my kittens' father is from the Beautymus Cattery.  Upon learning this, I was compelled to advise my skilled and experienced breeder who denied prior knowledge of the family health history of FIP. I share in the grief experienced by these brave souls who submitted their posts - the loss is absolutely heartbreaking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beautymus-Cattery/Siler-City-North-Carolina-27344/Beautymus-Cattery-Singapura-kittens-Feline-Infectious-Peritonitis-Beware-of-any-Si-1101473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beautymus Cattery

I purchased two healthy singapuras

AUTHOR: Sue - (USA)

My husband and I purchased two healthy and wonderful singapura kittens from Karen Hill one year apart.  We were very happy with the health of the kittens.  I visited her cattery and was very impressed.  Sometimes things just happen.  Sometimes the unexpected happen.  I found Karen to be a very good person to deal with and would in fact purchase another singapura from her.  I do not beleive that she would intentionally do anything to breed a sick kitten.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Beautymus cattery

AUTHOR: Karen - ()

I am so sorry that this has happenend to you or anyone. We have since placed our male

and the female that this kitten came from in a pet home.  Please understand that the Singapura

cat has the most comprimised immune system that there is in cat world. That is why there are

only 7 of us that still breed this lovely cat. The rest of the folks that used to breed them gave up

because of the many problems that comes up in this breed. I will not give up on this breed I don't want

it to die out.  If there is ever a problem with a kitten I will give your money back or I will replace the

kitten.  I know that does not help with the loss of your beloved cat however.

Regards, Karen