• Report: #411953

Complaint Review: Beck And Masten Pontiac - Beck & Masten Pontiac Buick GMC - Beck Masten South Pontiac

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 18, 2009

• Reported By:houston Texas
11205 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Beck And Masten Pontiac - Beck & Masten Pontiac Buick GMC - Beck Masten South Pontiac Service Department - poor customer service skills Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: There is never a good excuse for rudeNess.

*Consumer Suggestion: they didnt offer any discounts to me

My husband went to the service department back in December and he spoke to Gloria. He had a hard time explaining to her what was going with the SUV that we own since he does not speak any english (side note: there is a sign outside that says they DO speak spanish). My husband asked Gloria if she could go outside with him so he can point the problem to her and she refused to go outside saying "it is very cold". After they inspect the SUV, she gave us a report of what was wrong, but she was very, very rude. And also her comments were NOT matching the print out report.

Later that day I went to the dealer and spoke to another person: Bill. He said he was very sorry for what Gloria did and he would help me. He also told me to let the manager know about the incident and he might be able to do something for me. I spoke to the manager and told him and he said was "I'm sorry", but he did not offer me any discounts or anything else. He was a little rude as well, and I felt this was a case of discrimination. I went back to Bill and told him how i felt about the manager and he said he couldn't do anything about that, but told me to go back ON January 2nd, 2009 and he would help me with the service the SUV needed.

I went back on 1/2/09 only to find out that Bill was no longer working there. I spoke to the manager and again, he was a bit rude. He gave me the prices of all the services the SUV needed and the total was more than $1,000, but he was giving me 10% discount due to the incident I had with Gloria. My SUV is not that old, is a 2007 Yukon and he said it didnt had any warranties. They have a bad customer service department and that includes the Manager. If they dont like to deal with the public and the customers, then they just need to find another job!

Mayra
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beck-And-Masten-Pontiac-Beck-Masten-Pontiac-Buick-GMC-Beck-Masten-South-Pontiac/Houston-Texas-77034/Beck-And-Masten-Pontiac-Beck-Masten-Pontiac-Buick-GMC-Beck-Masten-South-Pontiac-Serv-411953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beck And Masten Pontiac - Beck & Masten Pontiac Buick GMC - Beck Masten South Pontiac

There is never a good excuse for rudeNess.

AUTHOR: Kat - (U.S.A.)

It wouldn't matter if the customer was speaking in Pig Latin. If you exchanged money with a dealer for a car, and you came back in for service or questions, then you should expect to be treated with courtesy. Like I said in the title, "There is never a good excuse for rudeness." Also, if you assume that someone is going to take your statement as being rude...then you obviously knew that it was. If you weren't being rude, then the thought of someone taking it as such, would have never crossed your mind.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

they didnt offer any discounts to me

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

First since you percived this person to be rude then a simple apology should have been good enough unless you are (and it sounds like it) "shopping" for a discount with your rude accusation. Why in Gods green earth would you think you get a discount because your husband thought she was rude and couldnt even understand the langauge. Secondly THIS IS THE USA. The last time I checked we speak ENGLISH here. If you cant do that then go home or learn. I hope this honest assement of your febble complaint was not too rude for you