Complaint Review: Becker Tax - Joseph Becker

• Submitted: Sun, February 15, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 15, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Becker Tax - Joseph Becker
7010 Champions Plaza Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Becker Tax - Joseph Becker Tax ripoff audit scam Houston Texas

Joseph Becker is a con artist. Without question, he is a narcissistic sociopath. Everything he does is centered around him. But most importantly, everything he does is centered around himself and his greed.

I was a client for 3 years. I was audited for 2005 and now 2006. When I looked at my 2007 return, I noticed the same BS as on the returns that were audited. Joe spends maybe 5 minutes working on the tax return. Then he spends another 5 minutes talking about his $2Million house in the Philippines. Joe deducted mileage for my car for business. When I mentioned that I get a tax-free car allowance, he said that I can still deduct the car because the IRS doesn't know about the allowance. I did not know otherwise. Joe deducted 37,000 miles even though I only drove about 15000 for business.

During the audit, I found out that if I get a tax-free allowance, I CAN'T deduct mileage. Glad you know the law, Joe! So now I have to pay back about $5 grand for each year. There were a few other funky deductions that I did not mention, but Joe "enhanced" my tax return anyway.

Joe said that he would pay the interest and penalties if an audit caused us to pay back taxes. Turns out he lied about that, too.

Turns out, ol Joe is a registered sex offender. He also was caught in early 2008 kiting checks to the tune of $550,000.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that Joe also got me to pay him $250 for "audit representation"? Well he did...but he did NOTHING to defend me...but then again how could he defend me when the deductions weren't legit?

Let's also mention the obnoxious comments Joe made to my wife....he said we could get a bigger tax deduction...if she slept with him so she could have more kids (I wasn't at that appointment, but obvioulsy my wife was). My wife didn't even think that was cute.

I will NEVER go back there again. It's all about Joe and taking your money.

I heard over a thousand clients have been audited for 2005 and 2006. Serves us right to trust a schmuck like that.

I think Joe should pay the tax on all those audits.

Oh...and check out those reviews on Citysearch.com for Becker. It looks like Joe wrote every single one! They all have his hallmark of misspellings, capitalization errors and general self-love. What an idiot!

Anonymous 2006
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2009 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Becker-Tax-Joseph-Becker/Houston-Texas-77069/Becker-Tax-Joseph-Becker-Tax-ripoff-audit-scam-Houston-Texas-424442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Becker Tax - Joseph Becker