Complaint Review: Beckett Media

• Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: lpeters82 — Platteville Wisconsin United States of America
Beckett Media

Beckett Media, Beckett.com Auto-Renew Error Internet

I signed up for a one month online subscription.  This wasn't my first time subscribing and I immediately turned off the auto-renew feature, or thought that I had.  After my one month, I didn't log back for eight months.  Then a few days ago I randomly log back and find out that the auto-renew feature hasn't been disabled.  Without any email or other documentation I find to my surprise that I've been charged for $248 of unused subscription time.

I immediately call the misnamed "customer support" and explain the situation to them.  I'm told in broken English that they are not authorized to refund any subscriptions.  I explain that I've never even logged into my account for eight months to which the representative replies, "you logged in today".  I ask to speak to a supervisor and I'm transferred to a voice mailbox.  As of today, I have not received a call back.  I have also emailed support and likewise have not received any call back.

Needless to say they have lost me as a current and future customer.  I will also post everywhere possible warning others of this fraudulent, mismanaged company.

Avoid Beckett.com!!!  Instead, make use of free online alternatives.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beckett-Media/internet/Beckett-Media-Beckettcom-Auto-Renew-Error-Internet-835242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beckett Media