Complaint Review: Becky Acord

• Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By: EqGirl — New Hampshire United States of America
Becky Acord

Becky Acord Rocky Ledge Stable CHILD SELLING HORSES!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Child selling horses???

I recently was looking at a couple horses on Horseclicks.com, I was not aware of all these complaints and I am glad I found them.

I originally called and wanted some more information on a couple horses I saw for sale.  I called around 10am and a child answered the phone.  I was surprised at that, because the child should have been in school on a weekday (it was not during Ma vaction week).  I asked to speak with someone about the horses for sale and the young voice said," yup you can talk to me."

I asked a few questions and she did not sound extremely experienced or too informative.  Looking at the pictures of the horse, I am assuming that this young girl I spoke with is also the girl riding in the pictures.  I am putting all the peices of the puzzle together now and it makes sense that the young girl is answering the phone and not Becky.  I dont know what this lady is thinking, but to have your daughter doing the business calls and talking to potential clients is extremely unprofessional and immediately struck a red flag with me.

I never called back and then did some research and came across all these complaints.  Thanks for the warning, it sure seems VERY skecthy over there.  She should be banned from AQHA/any dealings with the label AQHA along with any horse deals!  So sorry to hear of all these terrible stories of business with her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Becky-Acord/internet/Becky-Acord-Rocky-Ledge-Stable-CHILD-SELLING-HORSES-Internet-855119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Becky Acord

Child selling horses???

AUTHOR: Karen - (USA)

I am a friend of the family at Rocky Ledge. I think this is insane. Have you ever heard of parent/teacher conferences???? A couple Mondays ago was that day at her school. Therefor the kids do not attend school that day. What is that any business of anyones anyway??? Some kids are home schooled, sick, family events. My family has bough 3 horses from that farm each of which are doing excellent. The awards banquet we attended a couple months ago had more awards going to horses that came from that stable then anywhere. The "child" is also a very accomplished rider who IS very knowledgeable. It sounds to me that you just missed out on a potentially great horse. We were at that farm last week and saw again a wonderful bunch of horses there. What a great show or fun season people will have when they buy from there now. If it was so bad then why is there so much repeat business??? I highly recommend Rocky Ledge to anyone looking for a wonderful horse.