Complaint Review: Bed Bug Laundry Service

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: IloveXmas — New York New York United States of America
Bed Bug Laundry Service

Bed Bug Laundry Service Astoria Cleaners Inc. ,this is the name on the contract they gave me, aundry & drycleaning. Ignored request, used contract to do as they please , Internet

I had a bed bug situation for the second time, and I was stressing out. I had done the washing of everything I own the first time, and I just could not imagine going through that again, so I went online and found Bed Bug Laundry Service (which in the contract says its Astoria Cleaners Inc.). It had 3 good reviews on yelp and a couple of good reviews in other places so I figured this would be a good place to use. WRONG!

I separated my laundry. I had 18 bags, and sent 2 for dry cleaning and 16 for washing which I specifically labeled. They simply ignored that and sorted my laundry in the most expensive way they could find. They dry cleaned clothes that do not even have dry clean on the care label. I mean they dry cleaned my handkerchiefs (which btw should be washed with bleach), my snowboarding pants, my jeans, EVEN A BATHROOM RUG!! I mean who dry cleans a bathroom rug?  When I argued that I had only sent TWO bags for dry cleaning, he told me that I had agreed to the contract and in the contract it says that they will sort out the clothes the best way they see fit.

So yes that was my mistake to trust them and assume that they would sort it the best way possible for cleaning, not that they would sort the laundry the most expensive way an dry-clean almost everything I sent them.  In the end they sent me a bill of almost $3000 which I had to pay in full before they delivered my clothes. I tried to negotiate but the owner would not budge and told me if I didnt get my clothes within the time agreed they would start charging me for storage. I am so angry. I ended up charging my card over my spending limit because, how else would I be able to afford this? I dont know. All I know is that this service is a rip off and they will make sure to sort your clothes in the most expensive way possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bed-Bug-Laundry-Service/internet/Bed-Bug-Laundry-Service-Astoria-Cleaners-Inc-this-is-the-name-on-the-contract-they-gave-984515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bed Bug Laundry Service