Complaint Review: Bed Defense Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Cleo6 — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Bed Defense Inc.
4012 South River Road, Suite 3F Internet United States of America

Bed Defense Inc. Bug Defend LLC and any variations of Rude;uncaring;unskilled customer service reps;given misinformation;fraudulent;a scam;dishonest;performs unauthorized credit card charges Internet

I ordered their product Bed Defense Bedbug Prevention Device as a promotional item that would cost a $3.95 shipping charge only as stated on their internet website on 12/28/12. I received it about 2 weeks later. While checking out my credit charges on 1/29/13, I saw an unauthorized charge for $41.87 from Bed Defense.

I called Customer Service and was told that I would be held responsible for this charge as it was past 30 days since my order was placed.I was also told that I had signed an agreement online giving them authority to place charges on my credit card (I would NEVER do this!). The representative was rude, uncaring and seemed to be reading from a script.He told me I could return the package but would be charged a restocking fee as well as having to pay postage and that I could not cancel my account.

I e-mailed support at BedDefense to complain about this and received a reply stating that I should mail the package back and that once they received it, they would refund my credit card charge. Also, that my account had been cancelled. What if they "don't" receive it once I mail it out?

After reading posts on fraud and scams at this site, I now feel that they should close the account and refund the charge immediately. I don't think I should have to return the product since it was originally stated that if I paid $3.95 shipping costs, it would be mine. (Haven't notified them yet as to my thinking - but will probably get some resistance from them I'm sure) Will be doing that shortly.

Now that I've read that the product isn't any good, I feel that I'm spending $3.95 to throw their product out! But it's still mine to decide what I want to do with it. So, I'm sorry that I made a mis-take in ordering from this company and will not recommend them or their product to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bed-Defense-Inc/internet/Bed-Defense-Inc-Bug-Defend-LLC-and-any-variations-of-Rudeuncaringunskilled-customer-se-1007868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bed Defense Inc.