Complaint Review: Beem'r Building & Design

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: larrykirkwood — houston Texas United States of America
Beem'r Building & Design
1500 Brittmoore, suite 302 houston texas 77043 houston, Texas United States of America

Beem'r Building & Design Thomas Barron. Thomas Charles Barron III. construction. Design. remodel. houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I have had a very positive (good) experience

Thomas Barron with Beem'r Building and Design, was hired to fabricate doors and windows and kitchen cabinetry for my remodel of my house. I initially gave him $12,000 in Oct 2012 and an additional $10,000 in december. To date, now early January, he makes one excuse after another as to why he hasnt/cant but will finish. Apparently, judging on what I have found on the internet this guys real trade is scamming people.

I have already hired an attorney and will file lawsuit, and will file leins against everything I find that he owns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beemr-Building-Design/houston-Texas-77043/Beemr-Building-Design-Thomas-Barron-Thomas-Charles-Barron-III-construction-Design-992814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beem'r Building & Design

I have had a very positive (good) experience

AUTHOR: Kathy - (USA)

I initially hired Thomas Barron to redesign a ceiling for me on a rehab house I had purchased.  My first in Texas.  For a reasonable one hour fee,, he drove all the way to Pasadena, looked at it, talked to the main carpenter at the house, and then sent a CAD produced design to my email.

Very soon, we realized we were in over our head on the house and Thomas began stepping up to the plate, providing workers and allowing delayed payment for himself.  He drew out the entire house plan because the city required a floor plan, and then he drew out the electrical.  He was professional, helpful, and did not ever ask for money - even when it was due him.

I was very surprised when a friend found this post, because my husband and I had no experience at ALL like that with Thomas. He always keeps his head about him and is THE most honest contractor that has set foot in the house.  When our general carpenter we had (not Thomas) took off and left the job when it got tough, Thomas stepped up to the plate and filled in for him, and never asked for money. I told him up front I could only pay as the money came in and we have NEVER had a problem.  He constantly looked ahead to things I could not see, and sent me documents the city and others would need before I knew I needed them.

I don't know what we would have done without him.  I will use his services over and over again.  I can't speak for the fellow that posted here, but I can say that homeowners often start with one project and then switch in the middle.  If we are not careful as homeowners, we can get unrealistic expectations from contractors, and I think that is probably what happened there.

I did contact the BBB and there is one complaint on Thomas in over 20 years of business.  One has to realize that some owners get in over their heads.  Like I did.  :)  I personally believe this complaint is unfounded.

I wish I could leave my phone number because my husband and I would do anything we could to help him, in the way he's helped us.  He's a good person, and I would say unequivocally that you can trust him.