Complaint Review: Beeper Mania

• Submitted: Wed, January 26, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, January 26, 2000

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Beeper Mania
5744 W. Flagler St. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Miami Beeper Mania rip-off ..which price is it?

Beeper Mania rip-off ..which price is it?

It does in the twisted logic of Beeper Mania. I called for a price quote and was told $23.99 for one years service.

I asked for a complete and revealing price, since I had just arrived from out of the country. I entered this store, and Rafael the attendent reconfirmed this price and wrote it on a standard Beeper Mania customer service agreement, which I signed.

The following morning, the same Rafael tacked on a $9.95 charge to make sure I would renew the contract after one year, and a surprise 18.5% tax that everyone knew about. Total came to $42.00. I complained that this was misleading, and my signed copy stated $23.99, to no avail.

There were three staffers on duty and they ganged up on me, having detected I was in a rush and did not have time to recontact another pager company.

By the way, the woman present actually stated This is what all the pager companies do.

If anyone else got caught in this ugly trap, please contact me pending investigation and possible class action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beeper-Mania/Miami-Florida/Miami-Beeper-Mania-rip-off-which-price-is-it-1182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beeper Mania