Complaint Review: Beepers & Phones

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 20, 2010

• Reported By:webster Florida
Beepers & Phones
Paddock Mall Ocala, Florida U.S.A.

Beepers & Phones Now Dealing With Peak Credit Services Stole $270 From Me Ocala Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CONTRACT

Roughly 2 years ago I went to beepers & phones of Ocala FL in the paddock mall to get a new cell phone, I bought two Alltel phones but once I purchased them I realized I didn't have service in my area (which I was told by beepers & phones that I would have 100% service). so I called Alltel and told them the situation. then I was told by Alltel I had been sold a Refurbished phone and that they recommended I take it back, which I did three days after I purchased the phone.

I was embarrassed in the mall by a group of kids working at the store, told I would have to pay almost $300 back for restocking' the phones which I did, they said I could only pay cash (I know a big mistake now) so I paid after telling them how I felt and that I had been sold a refurbished phone, they didn't care I paid the $266.08 for my two phones (one was in my name, the other in my business partners name) and I called Alltel while standing at the kiosk and canceled my cell account since Beepers & phones would not call while I was standing their. I thought I was all done.

Well in the mean time I didn't realize they had gotten the copy of my receipt that showed I had paid the $266. I went on my way, a few months later I got a letter from a credit service telling me I owed for my partners phone and my phone, I was outraged. I got my paper work out and realized the paper work they gave me just said I canceled my plan. I went back to the mall, and was told they didn't keep track of who gave them cash (BIG LIE) and was still getting lied to, they finally gave me another copy of what I already had that said I had just canceled my Alltel service. NO HELP.

Now Peak Credit Services, in Largo FL is trying to take me to court 2 years later, over the $266. I called them and tried to explain what had happen they wanted my Social Security number and I said if you can't get my information by the account number I just gave you then you don't need my social number,' I was rudely responded to you called us' and I go yes but I'm not giving you my social I'll just hand this over to my lawyer'. I was cursed at, told that would just cost me more money and then abruptly hung up on.

My advice DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS with ANY company that is / was associated with ANY beepers & phones!! They WILL rip you off!!!

Stephanie
webster, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beepers-Phones/Ocala-Florida-34474/Beepers-Phones-Now-Dealing-With-Peak-Credit-Services-Stole-270-From-Me-Ocala-Florida-423372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beepers & Phones

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CONTRACT

AUTHOR: PEAK CREDIT SERVICES - (USA)

Peak Credit Services, LLC purchased the rights to all accounts regarding to Beeper N Phones, (dealer). The facts are such that anyone who went to Beeper N Phones to apply for cellular services with any major cell phone companies, (carrier),were required to sign a contract with the individual cellular service carrier as well sign a second contract with SecureIt. The reason for the SecureIt contract is that the dealer earns a commission from the carrier on all new contracts signed. The customer must keep his/her cell phone for at least 180 days. Failure to do so would result in the carrier back charging the dealer (financial damages) for their commission and cost of the phone. All customers signed the contracts, provided photo id (driver license) and additional form of identification (some form of credit card or debit card). If the customer refused to read the three page contract, why that it is my company is the "rip off" company. Remember, it is the customers responsibility to read and understand all points in a formal contract. If they do not agree with the terms and conditions, my recommendation is do not sign and walk away.