Complaint Review: Beijing Scam

• Reported By:Long Island New York
Beijing Scam
Tiananman Square, Beijing, Other China, People's Republic of

Beijing Scam Young women who want to practice their English Beijing Other

Meandering through the Palace Museum in front of the Forbidden City, I was accosted by two lovely young ladies, in their mid twenties. They appeared to be very respectable, and spoke reasonably good English. They wanted to chat with me to improve their English. They both claimed to be school teachers. Their appearance was consistent with this claim.

They led me on a walk, chatting constantly about the history of the Forbidden City. They suggested that we go somewhere where we could sit down for a nice tea. I was a bit suspicious that they wanted something from me, but decided to play along.

They led me to a little tea shop where our hostess closed the door of the small room where the three of us were seated. We had several tiny cups (doll house size) of various teas, before I was presented with the bill -- 1050 Yuan ($150). I knew I had been trapped but could not think of a way to leave without paying. I used a credit card, for which they levied an additional 4% surcharge! The chutzpah of these thieving magpies is unbelievable.

I have no intention of paying the credit card invoice when it arrives.

Be warned!

Frequent_traveler
Long Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beijing-Scam/Beijing-Other/Beijing-Scam-Young-women-who-want-to-practice-their-English-Beijing-Other-452871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beijing Scam