Complaint Review: Belk - JC Penney Department Stores - GE Money Bank

• Updated: Tue, August 25, 2009

• Reported By: Jean — NMB Florida USA
Belk - JC Penney Department Stores - GE Money Bank
P.O. Box 981131 El Paso, Texas United States of America

Belk - JC Penney Department Stores - GE Money Bank Credit Card Issuer for JC Penney Credit Cards GE-Money Bank, admitted to closing my JC Penney Credit Card account in ERROR and refused to reverse the false bankruptcy accusation which has negatively impacted my good credit. El Paso Texas

On August 24, 2009 I recieved a letter from GE-Money Bank (the issuer for JCPenney Credit Cards) pertaining to my JCPenney credit card account, requesting bankruptcy information. Because I happen to have a good credit score and my JCPenney Credit account is in good standing I decided to call them and express my concern over their request for what seems to be an error.

Once the GE-Money Bank customer service representative verified my identity and looked up my records she informed me that the letter was generated and sent to me in error. I asked the representative if GE-Money Bank could send me a letter simply to confirm that this would not be reported to the credit bureau's in error causing my credit score to be jeopordized. The Customer Service Representative told me that she had no control over that nor the authority to send me a written confirmation.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was kept on hold for exactly 45 minutes that evening. I have since decided to formally address this situation to the FCRA as I recall having gotten a similar letter for my Walmart credit card which is also issued by GE-Money Bank. These types of errors are simply not what consumers would expect especially from a well known financial institute. It can potentially damage what some of us work so hard to keep in good standing. It is not acceptible and definitely worth investing time and energy in hopes that it is corrected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2009 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Belk-JC-Penney-Department-Stores-GE-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas-79998-1131/Belk-JC-Penney-Department-Stores-GE-Money-Bank-Credit-Card-Issuer-for-JC-Penney-Credit-485209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Belk - JC Penney Department Stores - GE Money Bank