Complaint Review: BellSouth, AT&T

• Submitted: Sat, January 23, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 23, 2010

• Reported By: Michele — Port Orange Florida Virgin Islands (US)
BellSouth, AT&T
Florida Port Orange, Florida United States of America

BellSouth, AT&T Bellsouth/cingular door to door sales tactics Port Orange, Florida

Last night a salesman (Shane) working for At&t tried to rip me off. I have had very bad experiences with At&t in the past i.e. poor customer service and hidden fees.  Anyway, Shane gave the whole pitch about the fiber optics and how wonderful it is for my home. I believe they call it At&T U-verse. They have tv & internet packages-monthly pricing. the package for my home was suppose to cost $127.00, that is with tax everything all in that price. This included 4 tvs, 2 computers. Bottom line.. the price after 6 mos came to $173.00 plus tax and any other rip off charges they can come up with, which the sales man neglected to tell me during his pitch. I explained that I am very happy with Brighthouse and they have given me all that I need and with a great price.
Well, my husband really wanted the At&t deal until Shane called the call center rep for at&t, speaking with a call center rep by the name of Ms. Knight. Ms. Knight who was very nice to me was going to run a credit check to see if I qualified for a $100.00 rebate and She had to review the contract with me over the phone. Apparently, the salesman was supposed to tell me about the real price and that embarassed Ms. Knight. Thats is when the real friggin price I was to pay came out. I told Ms. Knight and low down scum Shane that I will not be taken advantage of again by At&T.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2010 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BellSouth-ATT/Port-Orange-Florida-32129/BellSouth-ATT-Bellsouthcingular-door-to-door-sales-tactics-Port-Orange-Florida-558811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BellSouth, AT&T