Complaint Review: BellSouth

• Submitted: Wed, January 11, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 11, 2006

• Reported By:Prattville Alabama
BellSouth
85 Annex, Atlanta, GA 30303 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

BellSouth attempted ripoff false advertisement Atlanta Georgia

On January 3, 2006 I placed an order via the internet for BellSouth DSL. I was to pay $24.95 per month for this service and BellSouth was to furnish a modem @ $75.00 cost to me but with a rebate from BellSouth to make the moden free. The offer was to expire either January 6 or 7, 2006.

BellSouth did not provide a confirmation of the order; however, on January 5 I went online to Bellsouth.com and check the order status. The status report showed that a DSL Order was entered on January 3 and that the order was processing and was scheduled for completion on January 6, 2006.

I sent email enquiries and was informed that BellSouth had no record of my order. I called BellSouth Customer Service on the telephone and was told essentially the same as their email response. I explained that I have a downloaded copy of the order status report showing that the order was placed.

I was informed that the promotional offer had expired and that I would have to buy the modem at $75.00. They offered to provide a free modem if I would step up the DSL service from $24.95 per month to, I think $34.95 per month. I suggested that this had the makings of false advertisement, but they would not back down.

Larry
Prattville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2006 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BellSouth/Atlanta-Georgia-30303/BellSouth-attempted-ripoff-false-advertisement-Atlanta-Georgia-171325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BellSouth