Complaint Review: Bella Clear

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Everett Washington
Bella Clear
www.bellclear.com Boulder, Colorado U.S.A.

Bella Clear Complete SCAM! Promised complete refund with return, still charged! Boulder Colorado

I can't believe these jerks are getting away with this! I accepted the "trial offer" for the price of shipping-$4.95 back in September. It took 3+ weeks to even recieve the product. I tried it and did not like it at all!

One week after recieveing it, I had another delivery of the same package, which I did not order and i immediately called the 1-800 number to cancel my "membership". Funny how they call it that.

I explained how I'd recieved a second package, which I did not order and wanted to send it back as well as cancel my account since I was not satisfied with their product. More than anything , I wanted to make sure they weren't charging me for a product I did not order.

He verified that my card was charged $78.41 for the 2nd package and S&H for the first. When I expressed my frustration with the company, he quickly assured me that all I had to do was return the new-unopened package and I would be credited the full 78.41. I confirmed that the only charge to my account would be the initial Shipping and that was it.

He also assured me that my account was being cancelled at that time and my card # taken off record. I was charged $86.86 on 10/14/08 and credited $78.41 on 11/24/08, but only after I was charged another $78.41 on 11/12/08.

When I called to dispute the charge the twit on the phone said the charge was legitimate and there was basically nothing I could say about it. When I told her what the rep had confirmed with me when I cancelled, she denied that I was told that and that she didn't know why I would have been told that there would be no further charges. When I asked to speak to a manager she expressed that no one was going to tell me any different, so there would be no use for me to speak with anyone else regarding the matter.

That's when I said I would be consulting a lawyer because what they were doing was illegal. She played dumb, saying she'd note my account and to have a nice day.

I know what I was told and what conditions I agreed to, and the scam they pull is complete BS!

To anyone who gets charged more than what was agreed, I suggest claiming that charge as "Unauthorized" to your bank or credit company. They will remove the charge from your account, and report it.

Jamie
Everett, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bella-Clear/Boulder-Colorado/Bella-Clear-Complete-SCAM-Promised-complete-refund-with-return-still-charged-Boulder-C-426954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bella Clear