Complaint Review: Bellamy Park Apartments

10821 108th Ave SW Lakewood, Washington United States of America
  • Phone: (253)301-4835
  • Web: C5
  • Category: tempdir

Bellamy Park Apartments Inhabitable - Overpriced poor living conditions Lakewood, Washington

I've been living here for one month and three days. My findings thus far. Cockroaches when I moved in. The apartment fills with smoke from the neighbors. The ceiling leaked from above the light in the front room within 1 week of move in date. The ceiling in the kitchen leaks into the light fixture (as seen in video)

The move in date was to be July 16th, upon arriving to move in the I was delayed because the apartment maintenance and cleaning crew was so far behind. (Also a giant lack of communication, my move in date was scheduled as vacation from work and could have been adjusted)

The laundry room fills with condensation, not just slight condensation but extreme condensation, to the point of puddles on the floor and anything in the room must be dried. This condensation seems to happen when the upstairs neighbors are doing their laundry and it comes from the lint trap in our dryer. [continued below]....

Rent is 850$/month with no amenities a bit steep to charge that much when the units are so poorly maintained.

Also I ordered DSL internet, I attempt to plug in the cable and guess what, the phone outlets aren't even connected to the wires, furthermore maintenance takes two days to come plug in two wires and once they have plugged in the two wires, I'm told that it is not connected to the box and the phone company will have to do that. I find out that it's an 85$ charge to have it connected.

How would I rate the residence thus far? 1/10, I wouldn't recommend this apartment if the rent was $500/month. I'll go ahead and post my findings on ripoff report.com as well. When asked if the problems would persist the property manager displayed some serious concern, yet they do not allocate resources into their maintenance. One guy does the maintenance for the entire complex having seen all of these problems I imagine it is not his fault if he were to fall behind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bellamy-Park-Apartments/Lakewood-Washington-98498/Bellamy-Park-Apartments-Inhabitable-Overpriced-poor-living-conditions-Lakewood-Washing-929494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bellamy Park Apartments