Complaint Review: Bello

• Reported By: E — Indianapolis Indiana USA
Bello
www.bello.com Internet United States of America

Bello packages defective products. Internet

Bello makes tv stands/audio video cabinets. They boast that no tools are needed to put these units together. They are sold over the internet and locally in by HHGregg and Best Buy.

I purchased model WAVS-326 (cabinet) from an internet store called Provantage.

I was home when FEDEX delivered the cabinet.  The box had absolutely no signs of damage.  I opened the box to find the pieces layered in thin styrofoam, and individually wrapped in a thin foam type material, with packing tape securing the material.

Upon unwrapping the pieces I discovered that the corners of the top were chipped off, and that one of the shelves had a 3 inch by 1 inch piece of veneer broken off.  There were no pieces of chipped wood or veneer anywhere in the packaging.  I immediately took some digital photos.

I began to assemble the cabinet.  No tools required.  There are 2 doors that open on the front of the cabinet, (completely assembled in the box).  The left hand door was so misaligned that it scraped at the top, and had an obvious gap at the bottom.  I took photos of this too.

The one year manufacturers warranty stated that the furniture and all of its components are free of defects in material or workmanship.  I called customer service.  1-888-235-7646.

I told the customer service rep that my cabinet had some defects, and was immediately told that these were probably from shipping.  Just send us some photos so we can make a determination.

I sent the photos, and the next day received an email that said they had determined that the damage and misaligned door were all due to shipping damage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2009 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bello/internet/Bello-packages-defective-products-Internet-506795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bello