Jim

• Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: Bill — fayetteville Tennessee United States of America
Beltone
2111 North Jackson street Tullahoma, Tennessee United States of America

Beltone The manger said loan was approved,when it wasn't and he took a $500 down payment Tullahoma, Tennessee

My grandmother received a letter from Beltone saying she could get a free exam and $800 a hearing aid.

We went to the Tullahoma location.They examined her ears and fitted her for 2 hearing aids.She told them she wanted to finance them.They asked if she wanted to put anything down so her payments would be lower.She said she'd put $500 down.  They called the finance company,but the manager was "between offices" so we had to wait.It took so long we decided to go next door to Walmart.When we got back he said it was approved.He then asked for the $500 down payment so she wrote a $500 check.He said they'd be in next week and they'd call us.This was on Wednesday April,7 2010.

Thursday he called to say we had to come back to sign the loan papers.We live 25 miles from Tullahoma.He told me to call"Michelle"at the finance company,set up a time then tell him the time so he can be there.I don't know why he wanted to be there.I called and set up the time,then called him and told him,like he asked me to.Not 30 minutes later my grandmother gets a called from the finance company saying they could only finance $3000 of the $4300 for the hearing aids.The price was $6000,he upped the discount to $1200.That made to total $4800 and my grandmother paid him the $500 AFTER he said it was approved,which now we no it was NOT and him lied when he said it was.

My grandmother and I were puzzled.What would we do being $1300 short?Then he calls back yet again!He said there was a place in Lawrenceburg that would finance the whole $4300 but we had to go there.It's 50 miles away.I'm disabled from a car accident and my grandmother is on a walker so we don't go far especially after just travelling to Tullahoma the day before.This is starting to smell fishy anyway.I told him it was too far so he offers us $100 to go!I told him to get back to us today because we needed to think about it.

After sleeping on it my grandmother decided to just get her $500 back and forget the whole thing.It was really stressing her out.She's 86 and recently came home from a long stay in the hospital.

He called this morning and I informed him of her decision.After I told him,he said he'd sell them to her for the $3000 that the loan company there in Tullahoma would approve.I told her what he said,she told me that she just wants the $500 back and be done with it.I told him what she said,then he comes up with some crap about a dispensary fee of $480!! Strange how that charge is almost the exact amout she paid for the down payment.I don't give a damn what kind of bogus charge he's claiming,the bottom line is he took that $500 when he knew it wasn't approved!!

My question is:What do I do now???I mean seriously,why would she do business with this guy now after this behavior?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beltone/Tullahoma-Tennessee-37388/Beltone-The-manger-said-loan-was-approvedwhen-it-wasnt-and-he-took-a-500-down-payment-591407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beltone