Complaint Review: BeltoneKrone Hearing Aid Ctr.

• Submitted: Fri, July 06, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: AKTRES — Laguna Woods California United States of America
BeltoneKrone Hearing Aid Ctr.
24191 Paseo De Valencia, #C Laguna Woods, California United States of America

BeltoneKrone Hearing Aid Ctr. I purchased hearing aids with a contract stating the make, serial #, etc. They pulled a bait and switch, refunding most, but not all of my money. Laguna Woods, California

*Consumer Suggestion: It is illegal to hold back ANY monies from refunds on hearing aids!

On 10/28/10 I signed a contract with this company. I paid them $3400 for 2 hearing aids. Although the contract shows the name of the manufacturer whose top-of-the-line aids I was to receive, they supplied me with aids that turned out to be the economy model of another company. They freely admitted this, offering to change the name of the product on the purchase agreement!

In the first 30 days, a period during which one could return the product, there were constant problems with it. They admitted the mold they had made was incorrect and took it to have it replaced. (I never did receive it back!) They admitted they had switched the product to the cheap one, stating that they couldn't make enough money on the better ones. The owner (it's a family owned business) stated that this is a common practice in the hearing aid business.

When I exercised my right to a total refund, they readily agreed, but retained $200 as a fitting fee. Although they state that this fee is non -refundable, I fell that since they never provided me with a usable product, they were not entitled to it.

I contacted the D.A.'s office. They refused to get involved! My option is to go to small claims court, but I'm 89 years old and it's just not an option. This rip-off of seniors seems to be an industry policy. Why doesn't anyone care?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BeltoneKrone-Hearing-Aid-Ctr/Laguna-Woods-California-92637/BeltoneKrone-Hearing-Aid-Ctr-I-purchased-hearing-aids-with-a-contract-stating-the-make-907696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BeltoneKrone Hearing Aid Ctr.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It is illegal to hold back ANY monies from refunds on hearing aids!

AUTHOR: Elle - ()

I felt bad for this consumer, so I really wanted to let him know that he can file a complaint with the Audiology Board of California.  There is a law in California that states that you cannot hold back ANY MONEY from a refund during a trial period.  The law is called "The Beverly Song Act"

I would call the Audiology Board to ask for the complaint form so you can file.  It will be investigated, and this board has TEETH!!!  They will fine any entity that holds back refunds, and the repromand will go on public record for all to see on the internet.

the website is www.speechandhearing.ca.gov