Complaint Review: Ben Gordon - Jerry Fisher

• Submitted: Sat, July 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 18, 2009

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Ben Gordon - Jerry Fisher
420 W. Crest Ridge Street Glens Falls, New York U.S.A.

Jerry Fisher - Ben Gordon - Craigslist Scam, Counterfeit Money Orders Glens Falls New York or Georgia

I made a post on craigslist to sell a pair of sneakers. I got a response from a buyer by the name of "Ben Gordon". He said he was interested in buying the sneakers and asked if i can remove them from the list and consider them sold. He mentioned that he was on assignment, Never revealing where or what he was doing even after I asked.

After a few days I received another email stating that a mix up has occurred. A payment that was to be sent to a moving company was sent to me instead and my payment to a moving company. He asked me to make the corrections by deducting the amount i was owed and send the rest to the moving company. I agreed and awaited the payment.

I received a letter from "Ben Gordon" which contained 2 money orders from Chase Bank both for $950.00 each. I made the deposit and was able to make a with drawl against those funds. I responded to "Ben Gordon" and he seemed for eager to for me to send out the cash immediately. (probably knowing that the money orders would bounce since they were counterfeit) He requested the money be wired via western union so that he can have a tracking of the money. After the money was sent he never responded so I was left to think all was complete. Few days later I receive an email from my bank stating that my account had insufficient amount funds. The money order was returned and I was now out $1900 + $24 in return fees.

There is not much my bank could do in a situation like this as they told me that now it has turned into a legal matter. For the most part I filled out a police report just so i have this on record. Please be careful when dealing with money orders from people you do not know on line. If you do deposit this money please have the patience to wait for the bank to fully clear the money order.

Marcos
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2009 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ben-Gordon-Jerry-Fisher/Glens-Falls-New-York-12807/Jerry-Fisher-Ben-Gordon-Craigslist-Scam-Counterfeit-Money-Orders-Glens-Falls-New-York-471058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ben Gordon - Jerry Fisher