Complaint Review: Ben Leeds Properties

Ben Leeds Properties
1179 Crenshaw Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

Ben Leeds Properties Slum Lord! Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Contact lawyer

This is the biggest Slum lord! I have mold and mildew in my apartment,holes,and no heating/AC.I have a daughter, and they do not want to fix anything.

I have complained to the apt. manager, and the owner, and several others in there office and no one seems to know whos in charge. In another apartment a water pipe broke on her children and the owner refuses to pay for her damages,and then insisted that it was not their fault but the fault of the upstairs tenant.

This company is not consistent, they advise me that it will be a $65 fee (a day) if I pay my rent late, but to other tenants it ranged as low as $35. When i complained that I was hearing from other neighbors about the different payment amounts they hung up on me.

Within a week I got an eviction notice, and when I called to tell them I had the rent they Denied my rent! Also my mother in law who lives in the same complex offered prior to pay my rent, they told her 'No, we do not want her money. We want her out."

What kind of property owner/manager denies peoples rent? I am noticing if you complain they automatically want you out. My daughter has mildew & mold in her room, I have no heating for us, I am tired and hope someone can help in any way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ben-Leeds-Properties/Los-Angeles-California-90034/Ben-Leeds-Properties-Slum-Lord-Los-Angeles-California-917375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ben Leeds Properties

Contact lawyer

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Contact a lawyer. Have your current signed lease available for review.
I can site 5 things that the LANDLORD is in violation of and they can technically be fined for it.
You have residential rights and  you need to understand them in order to persue legal action and a right to reside.
When you reported these building deficiencies to the Building Code authority what did they say?
When you wrote your Landlord with a list of repairs how did he/she/or entity respond. All things in writing followed by a second more strongly worded at least shows you abided in informing them.

Why are you complaining and NOT enforcing your tenants rights as listed under California Statues for tenants? You are only guilty if you violated terms of the rental agreement.

elsewhere