Complaint Review: Beneficial Finance Institution

• Updated: Wed, May 25, 2005

• Reported By:Tacoma WA
Beneficial Finance Institution
Internet U.S.A.

Beneficial Finance Institution ripped off and scammed thieves liars victimized us dishonest ripoffs Internet

*UPDATE Employee: fraudulent practice performed by individuals, not affiliated with Beneficial Finance, but using the company's name to scam people like you out of money.

I recieved a phone call from the credit company with an offer for a credit card. I would only have to pay a one time fee and they would take it from my account at a time when funds would be available.

I foolishly gave them all the information they would need to withdraw the needed amount to recieve the credit card. They gave me an 800 number I could call to cancel the transaction if I so wished but when I called the number to cancel I couldn't get through. I was given a number for a phone company because my call could not be completed from my phone.

When I contacted the phone company, they informed me that the number I was trying to call was a scam. Beneficial Finance Institution is a total ripoff and takes advantage of unsuspecting and trusting people.

Whoever reads this, please be aware and do not conduct any business with these people.

Julia
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2002 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beneficial-Finance-Institution/internet/Beneficial-Finance-Institution-ripped-off-and-scammed-thieves-liars-victimized-us-dishones-28290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial Finance Institution

AUTHOR: Joe Financial - (U.S.A.)

The situation you're writing about is a fraudulent practice performed by individuals, not affiliated with Beneficial Finance, but using the company's name to scam people like you out of money.

Most people know that if a credit card has a fee, its included as part of one of the monthly billing statements, not typically prepaid.

Also, with all due sympathy for your situation, anyone who volunteers bank account information to an inbound caller for something like this deserves to be ripped off.

Your complaint should not be against Beneficial simply because criminals are using their name.