Complaint Review: Beneficial Finance/HSBC

Portland, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 207-774-9210
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Beneficial Finance/HSBC Client was told to tell appraiser what amount I was looking for, trying to get help from hardship dept, getting runaround Portland Maine

I have been doing business with Beneficial/HSBC for a few years now. I had gotten divorced and remarried, had not so good credit so went through them to refinance my home loan. I don't know much about financial matters and the man I thought I knew that I married turned out to be an alcohlic and I needed whatever help I could get to redo my roof, get a furnace, siding, etc. I have since gotten a divorce but not before refinancing with them a few times.

In January 2006 I ended up going out of work with a disability and am now permanently disabled. My income has gone down to 1/3 of what it originally was and I thought my disbaility insurance would m ake my payments for 15 yrs, but as it turns out, in the small print each disability is only payable for 24 months and my time ran out in January 2008. I have tried for the past month to get help through the hardship department, but still am no closer to that than I was when I started, I seem to get the runaround, first it's the insurance is still paying, I say no, they say yes, I call the insurance part back and they say no, I again call the hardship part back, on and on and on. I have given up everything that I own except my house.

I originally went out of work with a back problem and other medical problems, and while trying to get better was put on methadone by a doctor I was referred to and now have a permanent brain injury, does it ever get better? My home is not finished, not a mansion, but it is my home where my kids grew up, and all my memories are.... I applied through USDA for a loan and was told I didn't have enough income, so I am at the end of my rope.

Are there other people out there in Maine who have had problems with this company? Is there anyone out there that can help me with this delemma? I know that I should never have gotten this far in debt but unfortunately I made bad decisions and the biggest one going through them for a loan, but they were so nice and would work with you in any way they could to get your loan through, even by giving me a side loan as I didn't have enough equity. but in the end, it was no help at all, it was just a way to lose my home.

Diabled woman just trying to save home
Bangor, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2008 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beneficial-FinanceHSBC/Portland-Maine/Beneficial-FinanceHSBC-Client-was-told-to-tell-appraiser-what-amount-I-was-looking-for-t-315622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial Finance/HSBC