Complaint Review: Beneficial - HSBC

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2008

• Reported By:hatboro Pennsylvania
Beneficial - HSBC
409 W. County Line Ave Hatboro, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 215-443-9902
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Beneficial - HSBC Deceptive Tactics and Predatory Lending Practices. Hatboro Pennsylvania

I admit, I'm the fool, I fell for it and now I'm paying the high price of 25% interest rate. I got a check for $3000 dollars for an unsecured personal loan. I threw it out. I kept receiving the same offer for about 6 months. I needed to help out a family member, so I finally bit. I went to the local office to fill out paperwork and low and behold they would increase my credit available to $10000 but my finance rate would be reduced to 7.9% after a year of on time payments. I paid off a 14% credit card believing I'd be paying only 7.9%. It's been a year and a half. I have automatic payments, so they are always ontime. They will not lower my rate and said they never said that they would. I am now into them for over $14000 because of the ridiculous method of APR. How do they sleep at night. To add insult to injury, the also charge me an annual fee of $49. Rude when you call them and flat out liars and cheats. Bookies and laonsharks treat you better.

Chris
hatboro, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2008 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beneficial-HSBC/Hatboro-Pennsylvania-19040/Beneficial-HSBC-Deceptive-Tactics-and-Predatory-Lending-Practices-Hatboro-Pennsylvania-385328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial - HSBC