Complaint Review: Beneficial - HSBC

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2008

• Reported By:Placerville California
Beneficial - HSBC
P.o.box800 Salinas, California U.S.A.

Beneficial - HSBC claims they didn't get payment checks that they cashed Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Why is this against HSBC/Beneficial?

I borrowed money from Beneficial/HSBC almost 4 years ago & payed it all back in about a year. For a few years I kept getting offers for new loans in the mail & the letters would say what a great contumor I am. Then about a year ago I get a phone call from some lady from the other side of the country demanding $800 & threatening to sue me. I told her I paid Beneficial/HSBC a few years ago. It took them months to actually send me a bill in the mail. One man I talked to actually said he didn't think he could send me a bill. When I finally did get a bill it was for 400 & something dollars. I finally did find the finall payment I made to them. I have wrote in my check register as HSBC like the guy on the phone said that is who I was making my final payment to. The check went through my bank as Knights bridge receivables. I got ahold of Knights bridge receivalbes & they said that they do collect mony for HSBC, but now they are saying that the money was applied to a company I never heard of & Beneficial is saying they don't deal with Knights Bridge receivables & never got my check of over $500. I have turned them into every Government agency I can think of. I sevral bills for over $4oo. but then the letters they sent to the Government agencies says the payoff amount is over $1,000. They can't even stick to there story about how much they say I was deleinquent for or if it was a credit card account or a direct loan. I have in writing from them different amounts .

Alesea
Placerville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beneficial-HSBC/Salinas-California-93912/Beneficial-HSBC-claims-they-didnt-get-payment-checks-that-they-cashed-Salinas-Californi-352726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial - HSBC

Why is this against HSBC/Beneficial?

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

when it should be directed at getting scammed by Knights Bridge?