Complaint Review: Beneficial Lending

• Updated: Tue, January 03, 2012

• Reported By: Sue — Terre Haute Indiana United States of America
Beneficial Lending
PO Box 4153-k Carol Sream, Illinois United States of America

Beneficial Lending HSBC Agreed to a payoff amount then sold the balance to a loan broker Carol Sream, Illinois

I received a loan from this company 5 yrs ago and set up the payments to come directly out of my checking account. A year later, I had checks stolen from this account and was advised by my bank to close the account. On several occasions I spoke with this loan company about the situation and gave them the information from another account to take the payments from. They failed to do this time after time and the account got out of control. Finally, after getting tired of paying all the late fees and interest they were charging me, I called and arranged a payoff amount to be deducted out of my checking (ironic huh) that I would borrow from my 401k. They assured me that I would receive confirmation of paid in full and it would be removed from my credit report.

Instead, they took my money, sold the balance that they claimed I owed to a loan broker who then turned it over to an attorneys office ( Joe Pezzuto ) who continues to harass us with letters and phone calls at work. I tried calling Beneficial and they say my account is still open but the balance is zero. That's when they said they would connect me with someone who had more information about my account. Yeah, it was the loan broker who said I needed to call this so-called attorney. Don't ever borrow or have any affiliation with this loan company. They have several locations but the payment location is in Illinois. Remember BENEFICIAL. Stay away!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beneficial-Lending/Carol-Sream-Illinois-60197/Beneficial-Lending-HSBC-Agreed-to-a-payoff-amount-then-sold-the-balance-to-a-loan-broker-C-817391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial Lending