Complaint Review: Beneficial/HFC

• Submitted: Sat, June 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 14, 2009

• Reported By:Ilion New York
Beneficial/HFC
PO Box 3425 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-365-0175
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Beneficial/HFC The loan that never pays off! Also, the amount paid never appears on statement Buffalo New York

*Consumer Comment: know how you feel

My husband refinanced his mortgage over 10 years ago with Beneficial, which later was sold to HFC-which is owned by HSBC. The loan was for around $55,000, which is the amount that he stills owes on it!!!

Apparently his ex-wife missed some payments when they were married. We found this out later when we called them to find out why everytime we make a payment, that amount never shows up on the statement! For instance, the payment we make is $647.82, but that amount is not on the statement anywhere. It will show a payment of a little over $500.00 When I called one time to find out how this could be, they told me that the difference was to pay off this past due stuff from a long time ago.

I asked them why that doesn't show on the statement, they said if I went online and looked at the account it would show it. But it does not! The online account looks like the one we get in the mail. So nowhere on the statement does it show how our payments are applied.

Recently, we were a few days late, but the statement keeps saying we are 22 days late! Furthermore, they have closed all the local branches - ours was in New Hartford, NY. So the only way you can talk to a person is to talk to someone in India or wherever their call center is.

Donna
Ilion, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2009 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BeneficialHFC/Buffalo-New-York-21297/BeneficialHFC-The-loan-that-never-pays-off-Also-the-amount-paid-never-appears-on-state-465619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial/HFC

know how you feel

AUTHOR: Pamela - (U.S.A.)

I know how you feel because I took a loan also and hfc does not listen at all. They should be closed down for good