Complaint Review: Beneficial/HSBC Group

• Submitted: Tue, March 31, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:huntington park California
Beneficial/HSBC Group
5339 W Centinela Ave. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-6451990
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Beneficial/HSBC Group Deceptive practices and statements, continuing harassing phone calls Los Angeles California

My loan pay off was made in august 2006, by my home mortage lender once the balance was obtained by their escrow company, from beneficial.

Twenty-seven (27) months later december 2008, I begin receiving telephone calls from beneficials collection department, telling me that I had a balance of $340.60. I explained to the caller that I had the paperwork from both the escrow and mortage company of the pay off and amount. I received several explainations as why the stated amount was stilled owed.

I was given a telephone number an told to call customer service, aftyer call this number I was told to write a letter of explanation. no one could explain the laspe in communication during the twenty-seven month period. the wildest explanation was that once a large amount on the account is made no communication is made until the payment amount no longer covers the debt.

After several telephone conversations, I was told that if I made a payment of $179.49, the interest of $155.11 would be forgiven. in feburary i made the $179.49 payment, now the calls from the collection department have begin anew, asking for the $155.11.

No one at beneficial has volunteered to accept responsibility and follow up and determine the why this is happening. I've been told that I should write another letter and ask that this account be closed. should someone with-in this company be of the right mind to determine that there is a zero balance, all monies borrowed have been paid, close this account. donot call this person again, to prevent any undue stress on them.

When dose all of this collection attempt stop, is not the monies that were given to HSBC by the government enough to fill the greed or do they continue to harass borrowers with mis-leading account and lies?

Gail
huntington park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BeneficialHSBC-Group/Los-Angeles-California-90045/BeneficialHSBC-Group-Deceptive-practices-and-statements-continuing-harassing-phone-calls-439559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beneficial/HSBC Group