Complaint Review: Benefit One, Prime One Benefits

• Updated: Tue, July 20, 2004

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Benefit One, Prime One Benefits
Nationwide U.S.A.

Benefit One, Prime One Benefits Random Unauthorized Charge to my Checking Account $94. Never had any contact with this company. Nationwide

Found an unauthorized charge to my checking account in the amount of $94. I am on a very strict budget, and would know if I had authorized a charge of $94.

I google searched the phone number and came up with this report. On my online checking account summary they are listed as "BENEFIT ONE 8008719984". This number is showing up as the same as Prime One when I google searched it.

I had a problem about two years ago with a company promising credit, and I tried to cancel right after I hung up the phone with the rep and researched them on the net. I don't remember what name they went by. But they charged my account anyway. My bank, USAA, took care of the problem for me. But that is the only time I have ever done anything like that. It will be very scary if this company might be the same and still has my information from two years ago...

When I call the number above, all I get is a message saying I have reached customer service. The answering message does not identify the company that I am calling. Then the message tells me to leave my name, number and message. I am not giving that company any personal information. Who knows how they will use it.

I am lucky in that I have a great bank, USAA. The only other time I had a problem, I filled out a form, my funds were replaced, and they took care of it.

Kristin
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Benefit-One-Prime-One-Benefits/nationwide/Benefit-One-Prime-One-Benefits-Random-Unauthorized-Charge-to-my-Checking-Account-94-Ne-99689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Benefit One, Prime One Benefits