Complaint Review: Benjamin Mark Baker D.B.A. Austin Lumber Brokers

• Submitted: Thu, January 13, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2011

• Reported By: Alex — Austin Texas USA
Benjamin Mark Baker D.B.A. Austin Lumber Brokers

Benjamin Mark Baker D.B.A. Austin Lumber Brokers US LUMBER BROKERS, LLC, HS LUMBER BROKERS .COM,THE SEEDLING YOUTH MINISTRIES, INC.,AUSTIN TEJAS WIRELESS, PRISM SIX,BEN'SBESTVISUALS Buyer Beware Internet

*Author of original report: Contact

*Consumer Comment: Help

I purchased custom milled massaranduba siding from Mr.Ben Baker.When the siding install began it was discovered that the siding hadunaccepable milling problems that were hindering installation and creating a finished product that lookedaweful. I stopped the job and contactedMr. Baker who visited the job site admitted that there wer issues with the milling then left.He contaced the mill to see if there was something they could do about it andthe owner of the mill said they were never doing business withBen Baker because hemissrepresents his products to his customers.It was stated thatMr. Baker never takes responsiblity for the problems that he causes and he has numberous occations provided substandard material to the mill causing milling deffects. The owner of the mill stated that they had severed any and all business relationships with Mr. Baker.

Doing a Google search for "Benjamin Mark Baker and US lumber brokers"reveals a lot about Mr. [continued below]....

..... Baker.If I had seen what I did before I made my purchase I would have passed and moved on to a reputable material supplyer who stood behind thier material.

Subsequently, I have tried to get Mr. Baker have honor and take care of the problem he has caused me and family but he has proven to be without honor.

He has cost me and my family the ability to move in our home. He has cost us $8500. We are pursuing legal recourse.

Live and learn Google any one man shop before you make a purchase or you may be very sorry. I know my family has suffered a lot because of this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2011 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Benjamin-Mark-Baker-DBA-Austin-Lumber-Brokers/internet/Benjamin-Mark-Baker-DBA-Austin-Lumber-Brokers-US-LUMBER-BROKERS-LLC-HS-LUMBER-BROKERS-682344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Benjamin Mark Baker D.B.A. Austin Lumber Brokers

Contact

AUTHOR: TxRx - (USA)

I have tried to post my contact info but rip of reports will not allow it. So everything needs to be kept here.I just will reiterate that if I knew then what I know now I would have never made a purchase from him. Live and learn.

I have gotten better deals and superior product subsequently from lumber suppliers such as:

Fine Lumber (they can get and do anything you can possibly need)
G town Lumber
and
BMC Select

You too can order online from East Teak great products just a bit pricer because of the freight charge.  I have never heard a bad think about them.  If you go to the P Terry on William Canon you will see east teak product.  I believe Uchiko on Lamar has east teak product on it as well.

Help

AUTHOR: jgj - (United States of America)

In talks with Ben at US Lumber Brokers now.  He seemed to have good prices.  I obviously don't want to buy from him if his products are crap.  I would like to talk to the person who wrote the original Ripoff Report.

Please respond with contact info - I would greatly appreciate it.

nodded